Chapter Eighteen: Say Something

'And I'm feeling so small,

It was over my head,

I know nothing at all,

And I will stumble and fall,

I'm still learning to love,

Just starting to crawl,

Say something, I'm giving up on you,

I'm sorry that i couldn't get to you,

Anywhere I would have followed you,

Say something, I'm giving up on you.'

-4 days later-

-Lex's POV-

I wanted to wake up so badly, but all that surrounded me was darkness.The only thing that was getting me through this was hearing Rob talk to me. He told me anyhting and everything that was going on, because he knew that I'd want to know.Listening to him made me want to wake up, just so I could forgive him. This all proved to me that I did matter to him. The fact that he had been here for days and risked his job, almost made me forget the cheating had happened.

"Tate's coming by again later. He's been with Tom and Gisele since the accident, he's missed you. He has hope that you'll wake up in time for his birthday because he knows how much those times mean to you." I heard his voice crack at the end and it broke my heart. "I-I'm trying really hard to keep it together, Lex, but I don't know how long I can do this.Looking at you, seeing how small and fragile you really are, it's new.You've always been this strong-willed, stubborn, and pretty much everything I am not.I need you....Tate needs you...."

I wanted to say something, but I can't. I have no control over anything and it's killing me. I just want to wake up from this terrible, pitch black dream and be with my family.

-Rob's POV-

"Come on, man. You've been there for 4 days now.Let's atleast get you some clothes from home and you can shower there." Julian begged me. "Jules, I can't. What if she wakes up and I'm not here? I don't want her to be alone. She'll think I left her here by herself." I ran my thumb along her white knuckles, she was so pale.He sighed in defeat, "Okay, how about you tell me where the extra key is and I'll get them and bring them to you?" I swallowed, looking around the room at all the things her friends and a few of my team mates had gotten her. "Yeah, that's fine. I'll see you in a minute, Jules." We said our goodbyes.

Chandler,Tom, Danny, Julian, and even Coach had been over here, along with her friends from work. This place was full of all kinds of stuff, she wouldn't believe how much she's loved here. We're all her family, more than her own family really.Speaking of, Her mother hasn't even called or even tried to get in contact with the hospital about her, which shows who really cares about her.

I scooted closer to her bed and brushed her cheek with my thumb, "Your favorites, Jules and Mona, are on their way here. I'm sure they'll talk to you while I'm in the shower. I'm sure the love birds have a lot to tell you..." As if on cue, I heard the door open.

"Here ya go, bud." He handed me a plastic bag, resting his hand on my shoulder. "Thanks. I don't know how I'll ever re-pay everyone for all this." He shook his head, "You don't, that's what family does, Rob. She's family because she makes you better." I nodded, remembering that I had to text my mom to keep her updated about the party and Lex's condition. I went into the bathroom to take a shower, leaving Jules and Mona alone.

-Julian's POV-

I sat next to the bed with Mona in my lap, this was tearing her up bad. I wrapped my arms around her and whispered, "Talk to her, babe. You'll feel better." She looked over at Lex and laid her hand on her's. "I never realized what a bestfriend was until I met you, Lex. Believe it or not, every girl that had ever been my friend ended up hurting me in some way, But you only want to make me a better person. Sure I don't always follow your advice and regret not doing so like 75% of the time.You are so young and you are going to get to live your life, I promise. I want us to be bestfriends forever and watch our future kids grow up and get old together. I've never had someone like you in my life before and I sure as hell am not losing you now. I love you, Lex. i hope you hear this." She smiled at the end and then wrapped her arms around my neck, "You should talk to her now, i'm gonna go get a snack okay?" I nodded, kissing her cheek before she left the room.

I looked at Lex and chuckled, " You were smart about getting me to talk to Mona, that's for sure. It's amazing how much has changed since you walked into everyone's lives, Lex. Especially that dude in the shower, wow. I've seen more emotion out of him in the passed week  than I have in the years I knew him before you came along.He's lucky to have you and hopefully he knows that. I almost lost it when he told me about...you know, but I wanted to let him handle it himself.He's gotta mature up to your level, you know." I touched her hand and it was cold, "Don't leave him, Lex. I'd hate to see him if he lost you again. This may sound cliche, but you are family and I love ya, Lex."

"I'm back and look who I found!" I turned to see Mona walking in with Tom and Tate. "Hey, little man." I got up and ruffled his hair.

-Rob's POV-

I was done in the shower, putting my dirty lothes in the bag and walked out to  room full of people."There's my boy." I walked over and picked Tate up, "She's going to wake up today, Daddy. I figured out how to wake her up!" I chuckled, "And how would it be, Taterbug?" I wanted to hear what he had come up with, actually.

"She needs her prince to kiss her.....like in Sleeping Beauty." I smiled, "Well, why don't you do it? You've been her little prince for awhile." I put him on the bed and he kissed his Mommy on her lips, but nothing happened.

-Lex's POV-

"Daddy, why don't you try it!" I heard my baby boy say. "I don't know, little man.I don't know if she'd want me to do that." Please, do it. "Rob, what could it hurt? Test out the kid's theory." I heard Tom mutter. "Dude, you never know." Julian said, matter-of-factly."Okay, gosh, peer pressure, much?" This would be a moment where I would roll my eyes if I could, so I hope someone did.

I felt his lips on mine and all I could think was 'Please let me kiss back,please,please, please.' And that's when it happened, I felt my lips start to move along with his and he pulled away. I opened my eyes to see Rob's face,actually everyone's faces in shock, but not my baby boy. "Told you I was right, Daddy. She is Sleeping Beauty!" I smiled weakly, "Thank you, baby." Rob had tears of happiness brimming his eyes as he wrapped his arms around me.

I'm so happy the nightmare is over, I've never been so happy to be back in reality.