Kabanata 10

GREY

I SAW the panic on Julanie's face. She looked so obvious, hindi talaga siya nag abalang itago sa mga kilos at reaksiyon. And her disappointment had caused a thrill of satisfaction, as if it gave me pleasure to see the discomfort upon her face. Why the hell had she reacted this way anyway?

Damn her for being here and for f*cking up with my head.

The fact na may kailangan akong puntahan at ayusin ngayon dahil sa palpak na operasyon ng mga tauhan namin. Pero mukhang hindi ko magawang umalis hangga't hindi ko naipapaliwanag ang sarili ko— kay Julanie. In all my 29 years of existence, I never explained myself to anyone but my mamma. Why I bothered to explain myself now? I didn't know, but something had to be done. Damn it!

What the f*ck is going on with you, De Russo?

"Adamae is not my girlfriend," I finally said a bit more forcefully. Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit ako nagpapaliwanag, as far as my concern the more I stared at her the more I didn't like the look on Julanie's face it made me grimaced inside for some unknown reasons.

Clearly, I'm out of my damn mind.

"Oh, right, poke buddies. I see," Gabriella pressed, rolling her eyes at me.

My sister could talk nonstop for hours, and driving me to the point of insanity. I wanted to yell at her to shut her up, but Gabriella was a constant annoyance, a hyper and a very difficult to deal with. Our mother loved her to death. She was one of her possession aside from her drugs. Kaya imbis na sigawan, kailangan ko siyang intindihin at unawain dahil ibilin din siya sa akin ni mamma bago siya bawian ng buhay.

I let out a sigh of impatience. "Enough Gabriella."

"Come on, Grey."

"Adamae is my f*ck buddies and that's that!"

I stole a glance at Julanie to find her eyes already on me. She stared at me, it was the look of disgust now. Gusto kong matawa. Virgin lang ang nagrereak ng ganito. Agad kong naintindihan kung bakit ganun na lang ang pagnanais ni pops na makasal sa babaeng ito because she was pure.

Isang malaking karangalan kasi para sa Cosa Nostra lalo na sa isang Don ang makapag asawa ng isang babaeng ikaw mismo ang nauna. Isang malaking kasiraan naman para sa posisyon mo kung madami na ang mga lalaking nauna sa'yo.

A virgin. God, she was a virgin, an honest-to-God virgin. The word dangled in my head, and no matter how much I circled it, I couldn't quite believe it. At ang mas nakakainis, hindi ko hahahayaan na may ibang lalaki ang makakuha nu'n not even my father.

Honestly, I had never admired or valued virgin because they were not entertaining in bed. They were dull, just lying there like a dead fish. I like my women expert and very well experience. But maybe...maybe Julanie was an exception?

But why her? Damn it to hell!

I couldn't help myself to watch Julanie so intently. Nakakaninis isipin, pero interesado ako sa bawat salitang lumalabas sa bibig niya. Umabot pa sa punto na napapansin ko ang bawat kilos niya, no matter how much I tried to stop myself from looking at her way.

"You look ready to faint there, Julanie," I commented. She jumped at the sound of my voice, then looked at me, her eyes widened, but she said nothing para bang itinali ang dila.

"Oh, damn you Grey, don't be so vulgar," saway ni Gabriella sa akin.

"And why's that?"

"Because Laynie is a virgin, you see? Hindi siya komportable sa bulgarang usapan."