Chapter 11

I wake up with a splitting headache. It feels like someone cracked my skull open. Once my vision clears up a little I look around to observe my surroundings. I'm in a room, with concrete walls and floors. There's a metal door in front of me. There's no lock or anything. But then again that doesn't matter since I can't get up from this chair.

Damn this chair is uncomfortable. I wonder how long I've been here. I don't remember anything from before. I just remember leaving Ei to go to the agency because apparently another ex pro hero disappeared. Meaning I was knocked out and brought here between my house and the agency.

Speaking of Ei..whatever fucker brought me here better had not hurt him. I'll kill them if they did..I strain my arms in the chains keeping me down on this metal chair. Whoever chained me here really knows what they're doing. My hands are locked in those box like handcuffs, similar to the ones they put on me when I won at UA's sports festival my first year. So I can't use my quirk. I'll just have to wait then.

After waiting for about 15 minutes. The metal door opens. No light comes into the room so I'm assuming there is no light outside this room at all. I look up to see someone wearing a mask. It has no design. Just a regular white mask covering their entire face. The only thing I see is wild green hair sticking from behind the mask. That hair is really familiar...But it can't be him...he died...right..?

The unknown person in the mask doesn't say anything. They walk to a table beside me and turn on a desk lamp. I didn't know that table was there. I can't see what's on the table. The masked person seems to stand there looking at whatever's on the table for a while before picking something up. I can see that it's a newspaper article? I mean I'm glad it's not a torchure device but that's what I was expecting.

They walk over to me and hold the newspaper out in front of my face. The headline reads "PROS EXECUTE WRONG PERSON" Right...that day...But why are they showing me this?

"W-why are you showing me this..?" They don't say anything. Instead, they drop the newspaper on the ground and shows me a different newspaper headed "GROUND ZERO NOW #1 HERO" What is this one about? Maybe a villain who I locked up but escaped? They drop that newspaper to the ground and bring their hand up to their mask.

They lift the mask from their face and drop it to the ground. I stiffen and my eyes widen. The green hair...the freckles...those green eyes...it cant be....

"Hi Kacchan!"

"Deku"

"What's wrong Kacchan? You don't look too good!" I look up at Deku, he changed so much. Why did this have to happen? Why couldn't we stop him?

"Kacchan! Don't you want to talk to your childhood friend? It's been about hmmm..five years huh Kacchan," I look down at my feet. I can't even face him right now. I let him down..

"Well Kacchan! You're the number one hero! How does it feel?" This is a hero's worst nightmare. For someone who was so determined to be a hero, someone who was so fucking perfect to become a hero...becomes a villain..

"Talk to me Kacchan! You won! You're number one! So?"

"It feels like shit.." I hear shifting in front of me. Deku's red fucking boots are inches away from my black ones.

"Why is that Kacchan?" His scarred hands grab my chin and force me to look at him is eyes. His empty, cruel eyes..Right before I was about to answer.

"Wait! Let me guess! Is it because..I'm not there? Awww Kacchan you miss me?" I decide to stay quiet. I can't talk to him..I failed him..

"No wait wait. That's not it. Is it perhaps because you couldn't save me?" He breaks out into a fit a manic laughing. What the hell happened to you Deku? Tsk. I know exactly what happened to him. The pros failed him..