To Hell and Back

NOTE: this chapter is partially edited and permission has been granted from LikelyRowdy who wrote this as a one shot for me, allowing me to use the idea for my own story. Thank you again for writing it for me and sparking my motivation to write the full story itself! if you haven't be sure to check them out and give them some inspiration for their one shots :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      The aftermath of the Qliphoth incident, as Seara learned was the source of all the destruction, left Red Grave in a state of disrepair the likes of which Seara had never seen. She had never been to Red Grave and wondered how it looked before the incident. However that was the least of her concerns, she was here for a reason. Following the path Nero had pointed out to her, Seara noted the left over roots of the demon tree as traversable, seeing as they were still rotting away from being severed from the tree itself. Before long she finally came to the place she had traveled so far to find.

Devil May Cry.

           The sound of a bell chimed as she stepped over the threshold of the shop. A man sat behind an old oak desk muttering something about 'crazy bitches' but tensed as he heard the bell. "The hell do you want? Normally people call". Seara stopped shortly after shutting the door behind her and studied the man at the desk. He was dark skinned and in his later years, he seemed a bit rough but Seara could tell he wasn't a fighter let alone who she was looking for. Still she shrugged to herself, remaining by the door and deciding it was best to get straight to the point. "I'm looking for the son of Sparda" she replied and removed her hood from her head once more. The man hardly blinked before leaning back in his chair again "and what is your reason?" he assessed her from beneath the brim of his hat. He wouldn't be answering this way if he wasn't at least acquainted with the legendary devil hunter. "I need his help" she decided to keep her answers short, this man didn't need to know all the details. "That so?" came yet another irritating response, causing Seara to clench her fists. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she nodded "He is the only one that can help me". "We get that a lot around here"  he mumbled and shifted in his chair. They were obviously at a stalemate-Seara unsure of if she could trust him, and the man obviously feeling the same.

      "Please," Seara finally said after the silence had grown to an awkward level "I don't know who else to turn to." The man -Morrison she later learned- motioned for her to take a seat, pulling out two tumblers and a bottle of Jack Daniels from a desk drawer. Filling the glasses he pushed one her way. It just so happened Dante wasn't around at the moment, hadn't been for a good while. No one was sure when he might return, if  he were to return. "Trips to hell can be tricky like that," Morrison said, downing the rest of his whiskey in one go. "If you leave a contact number and your name I can give you a call when he returns, other than that there's not much else I can do if you insist on waiting." Deciding it would have to be the best move for now, Seara left her name and number on a post it note before making her way back into the city to attempt to find her own shelter.

        One month passed before Morrison finally reached out to Seara.

      "Seara? It's Morrison.. Good news: looks like Dante is back in the human world. Took his damn time didn't he?. Anyway he most likely already sat his lazy ass back in his shop, I told him to expect a job fairly soon. Good Luck."

    Time was not on her side, so she elected not to waste it. Her father had sent horde after horde of his own monstrosities after her in the month she had been in Red Grave and she wasn't sure how much longer she could deal with it on her own. Grabbing her scythe and pulling her coat on, hood covering her head as usual, she made her way to Devil May Cry with slight tension building in her as she drew closer to the shop. Dante had indeed made it out of hell. He looked tired, slouching back in his chair with his feet on the desk and a worn magazine in his hand that dropped slightly as he acknowledged her entrance. "You must be the one Morrison mentioned," he stated as he squinted, attempting to see under her hood which she removed after a moment of silence. "Yes, I came looking for you a month ago" she answered softly stepping forward a bit, her nerves tensed a bit more as she noticed him looking her up and down with obvious pauses...what a perv.