Twenty Eight

My eyes were closed as Charlotte touched up my makeup. She gave my entire face one final look over, dabbing a few brushes here and there. When she was done, I blinked my eyes open and looked in the mirror. "You've outdone yourself."

Charlotte zipped up her makeup bag. "Eh, well. It had to happen sometime."

I stood up straight when she started going over my hair. After fixing a few stray strands, she nodded in approval.

"Five minutes."

My head whipped around when my wedding planner peeked her head into the room, announcing how long we had until we had to be downstairs. My eyes must have held a certain look in them to catch Charlotte's attention, so she came back over to me.

"Hey." Charlotte rested her hands on my shoulders. "Everything about today couldn't be more perfect. Everything has gone so beyond smooth. All that's left is for you to go down there and make that amazing man your husband."

I nodded. "But what if he changes his mind?"

"He wouldn't dare to consider it." Charlotte handed me my bouquet. "He knows that I would rearrange his Worldwide Handsome face if he tried to run."

I chuckled as I looked down at my bouquet. The flowers were lavender and light blue and all carved out of wood. Another part of this day that I could keep forever.

Charlotte hooked her arm with mine as she held her own bouquet, and we looked at ourselves in the full length mirror. "Shall we get this party started, or what?"

I nodded again and we turned towards the door. Down the hallway, onto the elevator, and into the hotel lobby we went. It was a small hotel so there weren't very many people, but something about seeing a bride in her wedding gown always makes people smile. I smiled back and thanked them for their compliments.

Walking through the open doors that led to the back quartyard, we rounded the corner and stopped. Tall bushes created and surrounded the private and secluded space, and we stopped in between the two rows that created a short walkway. I could hear the music clear as day now. People were mumbling amongst themselves as they sat waiting for me to arrive.

Jin was out there waiting for me too. He'd been waiting all day, just as I'd been waiting to see him.

I breathed a sigh and turned to Charlotte. I saw her give the signal to whoever was waiting for it, and the music changed. The mumbling stopped and my heart sped up.

Here we go.

...............

Jin and I were the only people on this plane, which seemed strange and a bit of a waste for the company. But they insisted that we come back this way to avoid any potential issues. I can see that, considering that Jin is a high-profile entertainer. I still struggled with remembering that since I never saw him that way.

The lights were dimmed so it wasn't completely dark in the cabin, and it was quiet save for the rumbling engines. I looked out at the pitch black darkness outside, still trying to wrap my head around what was happening, where I was going, and what was waiting for me.

Jin and I had spent the first couple of hours tossing around wedding ideas. We both wanted it to be a small ceremony, just close friends and family, and then have a huge reception later in the year. We weren't sure about timing or location yet, though. We planned on checking schedules and going from there once we got settled. But we were on the same page as far as keeping it intimate, no more than forty to fifty people.

We both eventually got quiet. Jin played a game on his laptop while I played a mindless card game on my phone. I must have gotten so lost in my own empty thoughts that I didn't even notice Jin put his laptop away. What caught my attention was the feeling of him slumping against me, fast asleep, with RJ comfortably secured against his chest.