The Ride: Part Three

"So that's what happened. At least, I think." Zach says.

"So, you're saying you came into the room. You shot the guards. They didn't die. You got visited by a masked assassin, who drugged you and made you think you killed the Silver guards. Also, the masked man was the one who killed Mrs. Carter. That about sum it up?" Shaun recaps.

"Yeah. I'm sure it was." Zach says, sitting down on the floor of the car.

"So, he was right?" Hunter said to himself.

"Got something to share with the class?" Shaun asked.

"Someone told me that something wasn't right about what happened. He omitted the part about Zach getting drugged." Hunter said.

"He would be?" Shaun asked.

Hunter hesitates. "Don't laugh, alright?"

Everyone nodded.

"When I was dying or close to dying, A figure saved me from staying dead. Or at least I think he did. Anyway, he told me that something was shady about that night. I couldn't make him out at first, but he changed into a shadowy version of me. Oh! It was also talking like Zach too."

Everyone, but Zach, burst into laughter.

"I SAID DON'T LAUGH. I knew I shouldn't have said anything." Hunter says, a little embarrassed.

"Oh! I knew you were going to say something crazy, but that takes the fecking cake." Shaun says, laughing his head off.

"You too, Zoey?" Hunter glances at Zoey.

"Sorry, Hunter. I find that a bit hard to believe." Zoey says, trying to stop laughing.

"I believe him," Zach says

"I know He's your mate and all, but come on. That makes no sense."

"Zach, don't humor me. I know you don't believe me either."

"I'm not! It happened to me too. Instead of the figure shifting, the room did. I was back in your unit. That's how I know you're not lying. You saw the marks on me. It checks out."

"Ok fine. Let's say you two are not full of it. That means that someone hired a killer to come to Hunter's unit that night. Who cares about a random Unrated family? Oh shite, sorry, didn't mean to say it like that."

"It's alright. I got used to hearing that," Hunter says, now looking at Zach.

"I could have sworn I heard the masked dude say, "Sorry, Hunter. Hate to have to do this to you again." Something like that." Zach says, trying to remember exactly what the masked man said.

"Again? The hell does he mean, again?" Hunter says, getting angry as he understands what the masked man said.

"You don't think?" Zach asks.

Hunter gritted his teeth as he said. "That fucker killed my dad too."