Alissa

"Good morning, Miss. Young. The time is eight-forty five a.m. The temperature is seventy-three degrees Fahrenheit. I've made you a Lobster Frittata. The frittata contains 10 oz (280 g) caviar and approximately 1 lb (0.45 kg) lobster covered with egg on a bed of fried potatoes. To drink freshly squeezed orange juice. Miss. Young? I know you can hear me, Miss. Young." Joey says.

"I want to sleep," Alissa says, still groggy.

"While sleeping is important, you do have a full schedule today."

"UGH! Fine, what am I supposed to do today?" Alissa starts to sit up.

"First, you have an appearance with Lucian Today for an interview. Next, Miss. Rose wanted to meet with you; she didn't say what for. After that, oh." Joey stops.

"What?"

"President Young wants to meet you for lunch."

"What? He wants to meet with me?"

"Yes, President Young wants to meet at Couper au-dessus du reset. He already made reservations. Shall we start your day?"

"I noticed you didn't ask me if I wanted to confirm the lunch meeting," Alissa says as she gets up and heads to the bathroom.

"It was already confirmed, Miss. Young," Joey says, starting a shower for Alissa.

"Oh, I see." Her father's indirect way of saying, "You better be there."

Alissa's morning was not very eventful. After her shower and breakfast, Alissa went to the Lucian Today interview. The interviewer asked her about her father, what she thinks of the upcoming Rating Games, and if She's interested in any Obsidian boys? Next was Maggie.

Maggie was waiting for Alissa in the lobby of Alissa's apartment. Alongside her was Oliver.

"Hey! Good morning, Lissa!" Maggie says, jogging over to her. Maggie was wearing a designer black sweatsuit with a blue shirt and silver shoes. Oliver was wearing an orange hoodie, black pants, and orange shoes.

"Sup, Alissa? Hope you got my letter." Oliver says, winking at her.

"Well, if it isn't the punk jack-o-lantern? Isn't Halloween in like a couple of months? A bit early, aren't you?"

"Yeah, but I'm a treat," Oliver says, laughing.

"Alright, you two are making it weird. Let's go." Maggie says, already walking out of the building.

Oliver was about to follow his sister when Alissa grabbed his sleeve. "Hey, um, about your note," Alissa asks, lowering her voice.

"Not here. Come on; well, talk more in my car." Oliver also says quietly.

Alissa and Oliver walk out of the apartment. Maggie was leaning against Oliver's car, which was a dark blue Corvette.

"About time! Let's go already!" Maggie complains and gets in the car.

"You want to drive?" Oliver asked Alissa.

"Me?! Oh no, thanks. I'm good. I'll sit in the back." Alissa says, going to the back of the car.

Oliver laughs and takes the driver's seat.

"So, um, no one said where we are going. Does anyone want to fill me in?" Alissa asked, putting on her seatbelt.

The Roses turned to each other and smiled. They turned around and said in unison, "Secret."

"I'm being kidnapped, aren't I?" Alissa says, trying to open the door.

"Yep." The twins also say in unison.

"You guys have that creepy twin thing down for sure."

"Calm down, Lissa. We aren't going that far. Just to the Platinum Zone for a bit," Maggie says.

"I don't have time for that. I have a meeting over lunch with my father in about four hours. I can't miss it."

"Alissa, it will be fine. I'll get you back in time." Olive says, looking at Alissa in the rearview mirror. He puts on shades and starts moving the car. "Also, what is with that "meeting" crap? Can't he say he wanted to have a lunch date with his daughter?"

"You haven't met him. Everything is business."

"Don't think we would get along. I have a fascinating personality. Him? Not so much." Olver says, increasing the speed of the car.

"You know, most people would never say those words about him?"

"I ain't most people. I'm the King of Pumpkins or whatever you said."

"Yeah, something like that." Alissa laughs.

"More like the King of Idiots," Maggie adds.

"Oh, don't you start," Oliver says, pushing Maggie slightly.

"Quit it! Ugh, you're so annoying!" Maggie says, fixing her hair.

"That's why you love me, right, sis?"

"Sure, keep telling yourself that, Ollie."

Alissa, listening to the twins argue, felt normal. It was a nice break from everything. She didn't mind being kidnapped by them. What was worrying her was missing that meeting with her father.

"Hey! The Pumpkin King demands no worried looks!" Oliver says, stopping the car at an intersection.

"Why does your title keep changing?" Alissa laughs.

"I'm a man of many names."

"I know another she can call you." Maggie side eyes him.

"Silence! The Skeleton King demands your silence, or he shall banish you from his ride."

"Alright, King of the Car. I'll be good." Maggie says as she turns on the radio.

"Too late. Alissa, I command you and Magnolia to fight for my amusement."

"Can I hit him, Lissa?"

"Um, sure?"

POW! Maggie hits Oliver in the arm. "Aw! This is treason, you know." Oliver says, rubbing his arm.

"Can't be treason if I never sided with you."

"Betrayal!" Oliver says dramatically.

Oliver pulls the car forward onto the highway. He pulls into the "Obsidian's only Lane." Before they could get going, a checkpoint was blocking the entrance. Two Obsidian guards marched toward the car.

"Good morning, everyone. Please present your IDs." One of the guards says while holding out a portable scanner. Oliver shows his first. With a nod, the guard moves to Maggie. Then finally, Alissa. When the female guard scans Alissa's ID, the guard stops.

"Miss. Young! I can't believe I got to meet Alissa Young on my first day! It's an honor." the guard says, fangirling.

"Would you get it together! We are on duty. I'm sorry, Miss. Young. Please proceed. Have a nice day, all of you." The male guard says, opening the gate.

After a few seconds past the gate, Oliver breaks the silence. "That was an experience. The day someone sucks up to me like that, I think I would cause a scene."

"I think you would do that regardless," Alissa says.

"Yeah, you're right," Oliver says, looking at his phone. "Looks like it will take us about an hour to get there."

"With the way you drive, it should be like thirty minutes," Maggie said.

"I'm an excellent driver. We have not crashed yet."

"Yet?" Alissa asks.

Oliver smiles at her and puts his foot down hard on the gas.