Xavier

A Few Hours Ago.

"Well, that could have gone better. Never send idiots to do a job you can do yourself." Xavier says, sitting in his car.

"So much for subtlety," Xavier says, looking at the Obsidian Guards escorting Alissa Young out of the building.

"Guess it could have gone worse. They could have talked. Heh, oh, how I wished they talked. Gonna make it harder now to tie up loose ends."

Xavier's phone starts to buzz. "Hm? Oh, the good doctor wants to chat. Let's see what he wants."

Xavier reads the message and bursts into a fit of laughter. "Are you serious? Oh man, really? What are the odds? Oh, Shaun, it had to be you, didn't it?"

The message read, "Hey, It's been a while. I need some help. I'm about to have a rather infamous patient to look after. Hunter Carter is his name. I'm traveling to treat him right now. I, along with three others, including Hunter, will need a place to stay. I know you're busy, but I need a favor. We need somewhere to lay low for a while. I don't know for how long. I don't have many options right now, mate."

Xavier takes off his mask and video calls Shaun. "Shaun, what's up? What a pleasant surprise. It's been a while. How's the girlfriend?"

"Hey, man. It's been a weird night already. Zoey? She's good. I got a message from her asking to treat a childhood friend of hers. You know I can't say no to her. Besides, I had to help examine victims of a recent murder in the area anyway. It was a messy scene."

Xavier tries to keep a straight face. "Messy!? How dare he." Xavier thought.

"Wow, work never stops for you, huh? I can't say I envy you. I'll stick to freelance work. I'm a make my schedule type of guy."

"Heh. Yeah, well, I think I can use a vacation. We should go to the mountains again. I Haven't seen you climb in a long time. You haven't gotten lazy, have you?"

"Me? Never. I could still beat you. I bet I'm even faster now." Xavier says with a smile.

"You were always pretty fast, Xavier." Shaun bites his lip. "So, uh, I hate to get down to business like this but did you get my message?" Shaun asks, walking outside.

Looks like an Unrated housing unit. Xavier thinks.

"Yeah, I got it. Of course, you can stay with me. My house is big enough. I think I can squeeze you and your group somewhere."

"Yeah, find some room in that castle of yours," Shaun says, looking at his watch.

"I like to think it is a max-level house in a video game," Xavier says, looking at a monitor. "Oh crap. It looks like I've to go, old friend. Got another job."

"Now, who's work never stops? Also, mate, we have been cool for like five years. Why are you talking like we are old men?" Shaun says. "Anyway, I got to go too. Zoey just texted me. I think it's showtime. I'll message you later."

Xavier smiles and gives Shaun a wave before disconnecting.

"My lucky night. It should be a fun time." Xavier says as he puts his mask back on and heads to his next job.