Chapter 2: Friendship is Magic: Part 1

It has been a few years since Eclipso saved Moondrop and Sunstone from their burning home and became an Alicorn. In fact, Eclipso was the very first Stallion that became an Alicorn. Since Horn Mountain Village was burned to the ground, Moondrop, Sunstone and Eclipso found a new home... in Ponyville! Throughout the years, Moondrop, Sunstone and Eclipso have became familiar with Ponyville while growing up and even made some friends in their new home, like Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Apple Jack. While growing up, Moondrop and Sunstone have already earned their Cutie Marks. At first, everypony in Ponyville couldn't believe that Eclipso was an Alicorn, especially an Alicorn Stallion, but everypony got used to seeing him as such. Most of the times, Eclipso would help Ponyville and his friends with some trouble. The Mane 5 liked having Eclipso as their best friend, but they never had any feelings for him and that was okay with them since being his friend was all they wanted to be. As for Moondrop and Sunstone, they settle down in their house while their younger brother does his job around Ponyville. Unfortunately, Eclipso had forgotten Twilight Sparkle's name and what she looked like, but he still missed her.

At this moment, it was almost the Summer Sun Celebration in Ponyville and Princess Celestia was coming to Ponyville to raise the sun and to show the Ponies how she uses her magic. In a house, not far from the Golden Oaks Library, Eclipso was in his room reading a book which was really interesting him.

Eclipso: (Reading) "Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her Alicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects. All the different types of Ponies."

"But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The Ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger Alicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness, Nightmare Moon!"

"She vowed she'll shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to Equestria, the Elements of Harmony. Using the magic of the Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister and banished her permanently in the moon. The elder sister took on responsibility for both sun and moon, and harmony has been maintained in Equestria for generations since."

After reading the story, Eclipso was surprised until a thought came into his mind.

Eclipso: (Thoughts) "Could Celestia be the older sister, or is this just an old Pony's tale?"

Before Eclipso could think more about it, his sister instantly opened his door which snapped him back into reality.

Sunstone: "Eclipso, do you know what today is?"

Eclipso: "Of course, Sunstone. And I do believe that it will be tonight that the Summer Sun Celebration will begin."

Eclipso jumped out of his bed to put away the book he was reading while listening to his sister.

Sunstone: "Yes, I know that. But that's not what I'm talking about. Don't you remember you told Mayor Mare that you'll give the supervisor of the Summer Sun Celebration from Canterlot a tour around Ponyville?"

Eclipso: "Yes, I remember. Don't worry, I'm still gonna do it."

Sunstone: "Well, thank goodness. Because, I heard from Mayor Mare that the supervisor from Canterlot will be arriving any minute now."