Chapter 5: The Ticket Master

It has been nearly a week since the Mane 7 stopped Nightmare Moon and turned her back into Princess Luna. Ever since then, things have been quiet and peaceful, and Equestria has never been happier. At this moment, Eclipso, Twilight and Spike helped Applejack collect some apples and carry them back to the barn while Spike was on Twilight's back, counting the apples from her bag.

Applejack: "Thank you kindly, Twilight and Eclipso for helping me out. I bet Big McIntosh I could get all these Golden Delicious in the barn by lunchtime. If I win, he's gonna walk down Stirrup Street in one of Granny's girdles." *chuckles*

Eclipso: *chuckles* "I think Sunstone would love to see that. But, anyway, it was our pleasure, Applejack."

Twilight Sparkle: "Yeah. No problem at all, Applejack. I'm glad the goal is lunchtime. All this hard work is making me hungry."

Spike: "I know, right?"

Spike tossed an apple, which hit Twilight's head as she gave him a glare while he makes a nervous grin.

Twilight Sparkle: "Puh-lease, Spike. You've been lounging on my back all morning while we worked."

Eclipso: "Yeah, not gonna lie, Spike. You could've lend a claw to help us."

Spike: "I would've, but you guys were taking so long, I missed snack time."

After Spike said that, both Twilight and Eclipso's stomachs growled as Twilight chuckled nervously and while Eclipso looked away with a nervous look.

Eclipso: "Sounds like you're not the only one, Spike."

Twilight Sparkle: "Yeah. I guess we better get some food."

Spike: "Nope. Worm. A-ha!"

Spike pulled out a fresh, red looking apple as both Twilight and Eclipso licked their lips as they looked at it.

Twilight Sparkle: "Oh, Spike, that looks delicious."

And then, Spike ate the whole apple which caused Twilight and Eclipso to glare at him.

Twilight Sparkle and Eclipso: "Spike."

Spike: "What?"

Spike then burped out a green flame, which turned into a scroll, sent to Twilight Sparkle from Princess Celestia.

Eclipso: "Is that... ?"

Twilight Sparkle: "A letter from Princess Celestia!"

As the said scroll landed on the ground, Spike picked it up and started to read what it said as he cleared his throat.

Spike: (Reading) "'Hear ye, hear ye. Her Grand Royal Highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce the Grand Galloping Gala to be held in the magnificent capital city of Canterlot, on the 21st day of, eh, yadda, yadda, yadda, cordially extends an invitation to Twilight Sparkle plus one guest.'"

Twilight, Eclipso and Applejack all gasped in excitement after hearing what Spike read on the scroll.

Twilight Sparkle, Eclipso and Applejack: "The Grand Galloping Gala!"

As Twilight, Eclipso and Applejack jumped up and down in excitement about the Gala, Spike had a disgusted look as he opened his mouth, stuck out his tongue and used his claw to point into his mouth. After that, Spike burped out another green flame as it turned into two golden tickets.

Spike: "Look, two tickets!"

Twilight Sparkle: "Wow, great! I've never been to the Gala. Have you, Eclipso?"