68

Royally Wicked

#68

• • •

Champagne problems by Taylor Swift

• • •

The students were already in the field, near the center stage that the student council put up. In a few minutes, Azariah, as the University Student Council President, will give his closing remarks and his gratitude for the students who participated during the activities for the University Week.

It was almost five in the apartment and the sun was alreadys starting to set.

The student host of the event called Aza to come up to the stage.

Venus Blair who was standing and holding Aza's left arm smiled when her boyfriend was called.

"Magspepeech ka na," she uttered to him softly. Aza gave her a warm smile before giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Wait for me here," he muttered before going to the stage. Venus nodded.

Nang nasa stage na si Aza ay bigla namang tumahimik ang paligid. The students were now silent, trying to listen to his upcoming speech intently.

Azariah took a deep breath but his eyebrows furrowed when the lights suddenly went off. Pati si Venus ay naguguluhan din sa nangyayari. The students were starting to get loud.

Maya-maya ay biglang may nagsulputan na mga tao - and no, it wasn't just any ordinary people but a group of camera men and reporters.

"It's real! The Prince of Morocco is here!"

"Take a closer look! It's the royal prince!"

"It's Prince Azariah Zion!"

The media people started to shout. The field became a chaos due to the media reporters and camera men taking photos and videos of the students - more specifically at Aza.

Aza's body almost froze after realizing what is happening. Hindi na niya alam kung anong nangyayari dahil dinudumog na siya ng mga media. Various media reporters were swarming up into him, trying to get his full view. Everybody was chanting that the Prince of Morocco is in the Philippines.

And that he is the Prince of Morocco.

The public... they knew.

They knew his real identity.

Si Venus naman ay hindi rin makakilos ng maayos dahil sa pangyayari. She was confused why there were a lot of reporters, no people who she is sure that weren't students of their university at ang lahat ng ito ay dinudumog si Aza.

Bigla siyang nakaramdam ng kaba.

How did the media know he was here?

That he is the Prince of Morocco?

She scanned the surroundings to look for her boyfriend but everybody stopped again when the huge screen at the right side of the stage was turned on. Beside was a woman who was holding a mic, she was wearing a CNN ID, indicating she was a CNN reporter.

And beside the female reporter, Salacia was standing and crossing her arms. She was looking at her, smirking like she finally got a victory.

"I would like to thank, Ms. Venus Blair Echeverri, everyone, Ms. Echeverri is the Prince of Morocco's girlfriend, if not for her, we wouldn't discover the whereabouts of our beloved Prince Azariah Zion... but guess... Ms. Echeverri actually has something up to her sleeves."

The reporter pointed at the screen. The people were now paying attention on what was playing on the screen.

Her eyes got widened when the screen was playing the screenshots of her conversations with her cousins, in their group chat. They were rolling her plans and schemes on overthrowing Aza as the president and most especially her plan on ruining her reputation - which she told her cousins on the group chat.

And not only that... they were rolling the screenshots of her saying that she was just faking it to be nice with Aza as she was just only using him so she could dig some secret in order to ruin his reputation.

But that was before.

"No! That's not true! You freaking turn in off!" Kaagad sinugod ni Venus ang kinaroroonan ng reporter at ni Salacia.

"Turn if off, Salacia!" She screamed when she was already near them but when Venus looked back - her eyes met Aza's gaze.

Her heart started to thump faster. Aza saw the screenshots being played on the screen. He was now looking at her, betrayed and hurt.

Bigla itong tumalikod at umalis. The media reporters immediately followed him.

"A-Aza..." Venus quickly followed her boyfriend as well, leaving Salacia and the CNN reporter behind.

When one media reporter tried to get closer to him, bigla na lang itong kinwelyuhan ni Aza. He looked mad now. "You—people," he pointed at the reporters, "You don't fucking follow me!" He angrily told them off. Binitawan nito ang kwelyo ng reporter. After Aza's sudden mad outburst, mukha namang natakot ang media at umatras. They let him walk away.

Venus almost felt scared. It was her first time to witness Aza being mad. And cursing.

"Aza!" Kaagad niya itong sinundan ni Ven. When the two of them have arrived at the university parking lot, it started to rain.

"Azariah, please." She called out his name. He was already at his car, fumbling with the keys on his pocket. The two of them are now drenched because of the rain.

Aza didn't talk back.

"Aza, please let me explain..." Her tears were starting to fall down but of course, he wouldn't notice it because of the rain.

Tumigil ito. But he didn't look back at her.

"Aza... What you saw... those weren't true... well, you know, that was before I even got to know the real you... Aza, believe everything is real, I'm not just faking it or using you, I love you, I really love you," she tried to wipe her tears even though it was raining. "You know, my family, isn't very supportive of my dream, about modelling, and I wasn't brave enough to fight for it but you made it possible. You're the only who supported me and didn't cut off my wings. You let me spread my wings and fly so I can finally pursue my dream. I couldn't even do it without you... Aza, you're my person..." she emotionally added and continued crying.

"Please believe me... I don't know how did that happened. Wala akong pinagsabihan na iba... I don't know how the media discovered your identity... I couldn't betray you. I will never ever break your trust, Aza. You know that..."

Aza finally turned around to face her. But he looked defeated and hurt. Like he has enough of it.

And that broke her heart more.

"I need to think, Blair." He replied to her before entering his car. Ilang segundo ay pinaandar na nito ang kotse. He finally drove away, leaving her alone. Venus buried her face into her hands.

She continued to cry.