82

Royally Wicked

#82

• • •

• • •

Tolerate it by Taylor Swift

• • •

"Sal?"

Salacia looked over at her cousin, Flora, who just arrived at her apartment. She texted her that she needed her during that night—at kaagad naman itong dumating.

"Flor..." she immediately went to her cousin and hugged her. She cried. She cried so hard.

Niyakap siya pabalik nito. Confused, Flora asked her, "Sal, may nangyari ba? Why are you crying?"

She didn't say anything as she continued crying. After what her landlord, Mrs. Takahashi, told her, after learning everything that Bryce Kamden did, she cried.

It was like all the emotions that she supressed for all those months have finally dawned on her. It was too painful. She was hurting so much.

And she was all alone. Her family left her. Her friends left her.

And it was all her fault.

"Umupo muna tayo, Sal. 'Dun tayo sa kama mo." Flora assisted her in going to her bed and they both sat down on it.

"Anong nangyari?" Her cousin asked worriedly.

"Si Mrs. Takahashi, iyong landlord namin dito sa apartment, she told me about Bryce paying my rent before hand and that the rental payments that I gave to Mrs. Takahashi was for my savings."

Natahimik naman ito.

"I fucked it up everything between us, didn't I, Flora? I fucked everything up. Everyone, my friends, my family, I fucked it up..."

"Sal..." Flora starting carressing her back, trying to calm her.

"Even though I have hurt Bryce so much, iniisip pa rin niya 'yung kalagayan ko. We're not even family or blood related pero when I was down, when I was in the pit of my darkness, he was the only one who helped me. Not even my parents helped me 'nung makulong ako. Pinabayaan lang nila ako like I was only a disgrace and an embarrasment to our own family... like what I am always have been."

"I am an only child and since I was young, I always thought your parents are going to pamper you so much kasi nga ikaw lang 'yung nag-iisang anak. But no, since I was a kid, iyong nakikita nila sa 'kin puro pagkakamali that I should always be on top of my class, that I should be like Venus and her siblings, the all time favorite of the Echeverri's. Hell, my father doesn't even trust my ability enough that he tried to bribe our dean para masecure ko 'yung spot for latin honors... para sa kanila, puro kulang, kulang pa 'yung ginagawa ko."

"When I did fucked up things, they left me on my own. Even my own graduation, they couldn't even attend dahil hiyang-hiya sila sa 'kin... Hindi nila alam kung gaano kasakit sa 'kin iyon... Hindi naman siguro ganoon kahirap na kahit isang beses lang, mapagsabihan ka ng mga magulang mo ng "I'm proud of you", that phrase wouldn't hurt, right? But they never have told me even once..."

"Bryce was only my boyfriend but he was always better than my parents... kahit hindi naman niya ako obligasyon, he helped me. The least person that I expected to give me a hand, it was my boyfriend who was there to pick me up, not even my parents..."

"But I fucked it up... and I was too late to realize for my mistakes. And now, even though we're no longer together, he still thought of me."

"He was the only one who was there when I needed my family the most."

"Because he's also your family, Sal," Flora said to her and gave her a small smile, "And he really loved you. You know, he even told me before he went back to New Zealand na hindi kita dapat pababayaan... even though he was clearly hurt, he still wants the best for you."

"But I wasted everything." She cried again. Flora embraced her. She cried so hard in between her cousin's arms.

"He's my only family but I lost him..." She uttered.

And now, he's gone.

Forever.

• • •

While you were out building other worlds, where was I?
Where's that man who'd throw blankets over my barbed wire?
I made you my temple, my mural, my sky
Now I'm begging for footnotes in the story of your life
Drawing hearts in the byline
Always taking up too much space or time
You assume I'm fine