78

Royally Wicked

#78

• • •

Because of you by Ne-Yo

• • •

• • •

Salacia Guevarra creased her forehead when she saw her boyfriend smiling and getting cozy with some girl in the sorority house. Although she knew she was uninvited, she showed up as she heard from the other female students that the Delta Sigma Phil fraternity were coming at the party. And knowing Bryce Kamden was a member, she was hoping he'd attend the party too.

And he did.

And he seemed to enjoy the company of another girl who wasn't his girlfriend.

"Bryce." Kaagad siyang sumugod sa kanila. When she was already near him and the girl, kaagad niyang sinabunutan iyong babae. She was causing a scene.

"You, fucking slut, tuwang-tuwa ka pang nakikipag-usap sa boyfriend ko, ha," she angrily uttered. Everyone stopped gasped as what she did. Nagpatuloy pa rin siya sa pananabunot niya sa buhok ng babae.

"What the fuck are you doing to Joie, Salacia?!" She heard Bryce reacted.

"Well, I'm fucking getting rid of this fucking girl who's probably trying to flirt with you." She replied but before she could even resort to slapping the girl, bigla na lang hinawakan ni Bryce ang braso niya - dragging her out from the sorority house.

When they were already out, she immediately slapped Bryce's cheek. She was breathing heavily. All her emotions were surging up.

Bryce didn't say anything at what she just did. He just stared at her but it was cold.

"Are you fucking cheating on me, Bryce?"

"Are you fucking trying to flirt on that whoever fucking that girl is?"

Bryce closed his eyes for a second and sighed.

"We're all cheaters, Salacia. Isn't that how we started? We cheated on your ex..."

Hindi naman niya inasahan ang sagot nito. She looked at him in disbelief.

She and Bryce were friends over the years before becoming in relationship with each other. They were friends since high school and she didn't really pay attention at him that much. They have the same circle of friends that sometimes would hang out with each other. Not until that one unfateful night, she had a fight with her ex, it was a shitty day, she didn't bring her car and it was raining.

It was already late in the evening and she was still at the univ - and the worst part, her phone battery was dead so she couldn't contact her other cousins to fetch her.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, she saw Bryce Kamden Sorensen, who was kind enough to offer her a ride. Nalaman niyang katatapos lang kasi ng practice nito sa soccer team kaya late na rin itong umuwi.

Bryce gave her a ride home. It was raining hard so she invited him to have some coffee at her condo unit. They were really just talking to each other until the rain would stop. They talked about a lot of things, she told Bryce her plan to open an eye clinic or maybe venture into becoming an eye surgeon. She seldomly opened up to people about her passions and ambitions but it seemed like with Bryce Kamden, it was okay. She couldn't even tell Azariah that she actually like theatre acting because she was too embarrassed to admit it. But to Bryce, everything seemed comfortable.

Then she suddenly realized about something. She suddenly saw Bryce in a different light. Something that she never felt for her ex.

She knew it was wrong when she kissed him. Bryce was even hesistant at it. But then she just felt the urge that she needed to kiss him and the other things... just went on eventually.

When Aza caught them, she thought everything was going to end for her, she even thought just like any other guys, Bryce would left her - but he didn't. He didn't leave her. He even became her boyfriend - and she was actually happy for it.

But now...

"You never really change, Sal..." he added, disappointed. "Even after a week of staying in prison, you're still you."

"Just stop acting like an asshole, Bryce," she replied instead, gritting her teeth. "If you really want to get cozy with that Joie girl, you should have broken up with me."

"We're breaking up, Salacia."

His words were very cold and distant. She almost could feel her heart stopped beating like she was about to lose her breath.

"What?" She almost whispered.

Bumuntong-hininga ito, "I've tried. I've tried my best in understanding you. Ginawa ko na ang lahat para intindihin ka. I gave you everything that you ever wanted... even though I am not sure you love me the same way that I love you. I'm already tired, love. Pagod na ako."

"I thought you're going to change even for a little bit after getting out from prison. Pero parang lumala lang yata... and you're becoming toxic, Sal... I didn't listen to my friends saying you're a red flag ever since because I love you that much - but now, it dawned on me. They were right. You're toxic not only for my mind, but for my whole being."

She felt a tear coming from her right eye.

"i know I made mistakes, I'm not a perfect person. And I regretted all of it."

He took a deep breath, "Sorry, Sal," he gave her a tight smile, "I'm tired. But it's okay, we're already ending this semester anyway. We're all graduating. We will never see each other again. You'll never see me again. I'm going back to New Zealand."

"Good luck, Sal." He told him one more time, before leaving her alone.

She finally cried.

For the first time, she felt pain.

• • •

I persist and resist the temptation to ask you
If one thing had been different
Would everything be different today?

We were something, don't you think so?
Rosé flowing with your chosen family
And it would've been sweet
If it could've been me
In my defense, I have none
For digging up the grave another time
But it would've been fun
If you would've been the one