85

Royally Wicked

#85

• • •

it's time to go by Taylor Swift

• • •

Everyone clapped inside the Royal Albert Hall in London after Andrew Lloyd Webber, the creator for The Phantom of the Opera drama play, gave his speech and thanked the audience. All the cast members of the play stood up in one line and bowed their heads.

"Let's also congratulate our newewst Christine Daaé, Ms. Salacia Guevarra, for her incredible performance." Andrew looked back at her and nodded, she giggled and walked towards the center of the stage. She bowed her head down to the audience. The audience clapped again and did a standing ovation. It was her first ever lead role as a theatre actress.

Pagkatapos ng play ay nagsi-puntahan na silang mga cast members sa kani-kanilang pamilya. Salacia went to the audience floor to meet her parents. Kaagad siyang niyakap ng mga ito.

"The drama was so nice, anak, you were really the star during that time," her mother remarked. Salacia laughed lightly. She was really happy to see her parents watching her play for the first time. Lumipad pa talaga ito papuntang London para panuorin ang drama play niya.

After a year of practice in being an eye doctor in the Philippines, Salacia followed her Aunt's suggestion to move to London. At first, she started working in her Aunt's clinic as an assistant doctor - eventually opening very own eye clinic two years later. Then she knew deep in herself, theatre acting has always been her dream and passion, she started auditioning for smaller roles - until she got her big break finally as the lead actress of The Phantom of the Opera drama play.

"Your mother's right," her dad, who was very stoic and strict, smiled. "You really did shine out there. I'm proud of you, anak..."

Salacia fell silent on her dad's sudden remark. Eventually, she smiled and gave her dad a hug again. She knows her dad doesn't usually show emotions or his feelings for them - but now, she and her parents were finally bare with each other... with their emotions.

After hugging her father, napakunot-noo naman siya nang may napansing isang pamilyar na tao. The man was wearing a beige colored trench coat. He was already walking towards the exit of the hall. She knew the man.

"Mom, Dad, I'll just be back, may pupuntahan lang ako." She told them as she followed the man. Nang makalabas na siya, she turned her head left and right. Although it was snowing and she could already feel the cold weather, it couldn't contain her emotions anymore as she was sure who that guy was.

When she finally saw him just a few meters away, she ran. The people who was passing by looked at her. She was still wearing her costume as Christine Daaé of The Phantom of the Opera. She was holding the hems of her gown so she could run faster.

"Bryce!" She shouted and called his name. She was panting. Napahawak naman siya sa dibdib niya, she was out of breath already from running.

Lumingon naman ito at nakita siya. He looked suprised and at the same time, stunned. She almost wanted to cry when she finally saw him after all those years. It's already been four years since they last saw each other.

When he stopped, she quickly ran into him again and hugged him. Nagulat ito sa ginawa niya—but he eventually hugged her back. How she missed his warm embrace around her.

Realizing her abrupt action, she awkwardly freed herself from the hug. "Uhm, sorry, I was just overwhelmed kaya napayakap ako.

Bryce chuckled and shrugged. She really missed him so much. It seemed like nothing really changed. He was still the same the Bryce Kamden Sorensen whom she fell in love with several years ago. Still good-looking as ever.

"It's fine, don't worry." He replied to her softly. "I watched your play."

"I know," she said. "Kaya nga kita hinabol. I wasn't expecting you'll be coming, I mean, matagal na kasi tayong hindi nagkita."

"I promised you before that I will attend your play where you were going to be the lead actress and I don't break promises. I fulfilled my promise, Sal."

Natahimik naman siya matapos ang sinabi nito. She suddenly remembered that night, at her condo unit, where it all began. When she was talking about her dreams of becoming a theatre actress someday, that her ultimate goal would be becoming a lead actress of a famous drama. Bryce telling her then that if it would happen, he'll be the first one to watch it, that he'll fly to London so he could watch her fulfilling her dream.

And it did happen. She became the lead actress of the famous The Phantom of the Opera play—and Bryce watching it.

She almost wanted to cry now.

"Hey, you must be cold," he suddenly interrupted her thoughts. Bryce took off the trench coat he was wearing and put it around her. It was still snowing.

"Thank you..." the only words she could say. He gave her a small smile but proud.

"I've read your email and I'm very proud of you, Sal. I'm proud of you."

Her eyes were starting to swell.

"Uh, I have to go, I guess? I know you're still going back at the Royal Albert Hall. It's nice to see you again, Sal." He smiled at her for one more time before turning back his back on her. He was starting to walk away.

"Bryce! Wait!" She called him again. He turned back at her.

"Uhm, do you want to go with me inside? Nandoon din kasi ang parents ko, we're going to eat dinner after at my favorite pub. Do you want to join us? You know, to catch up... I'm sure my parents would be happy seeing you too... That is if you don't have anyone waiting for you..." Her last sentence was heart-wrenching. But she still tried to hope.

Bryce Kamden gave her a warm smile and it was the most beautiful smile she had ever seen in her entire life.

"I don't have anyone waiting for me, Sal."

Just one simple sentence and she knew everything was perfect again.

• • •

Sal's redemption story is an open ending. It's up to the readers on how they want to end it.

• • •

All of us made mistakes in the past - it is up to us if we're going to change and make the best versions of ourselves.

• • •

Sometimes giving up is the strong thing
Sometimes to run is the brave thing
Sometimes walking out is the one thing
That will find you the right thing
And you know in your soul
When it's time to go