Home

My eyes feel heavy, threatening to close under the soft hum of the car, Gray's beating heart in my ear. His arms hold me against his chest, against his suit. My own dress is tight around my body, hugging every curve. The world outside is dark as our driver nears the house. Every part of my body terms to fall asleep, to rest, but my heart is too happy, too aware of the ring sitting on my left hand. That thought alone is enough to make me smile.

"What are you dreaming about?' Gray whispers, his voice deep, his breath warm on my neck.

"It's not a dream," I reply, leaning up to look into his dark blue eyes.

"I know," he whispers, kissing my nose. My body heats, sleep suddenly inconsequential to this moment. I lean up, pressing my lips to his, desperate to tase him, to feel him. His hands pull me up, onto his lap, holding me against his chest.

"Ley," he whispers against my lips, smiling.

I lean foreword, kissing his cheek, his neck, moving to his ear. "I love you," I whisper. Gray's grip on me tightens, his hand coming up to cup my face. I look into his eyes, finding them glossed over, smiling at me. I kiss his nose, holding his head in my hands. Every part of my body is filled with warmth, love, and I'm happy. Just as happy as I have been since Gray saved me, and I saved him. Just as happy as I have been since I found my person, something I never thought would happen. Something I thought only existed in stories. Yet, here I am, wrapped in his arms, on our way home, engaged.

"I love you," he whispers.

————

crazy short chapter guys, i'm so sorry😩 i have been so caught up in working on TPOAD that i haven't had any ideas for one shots. i hope y'all understand!! anyway, i hope you enjoy, i love you all <3

thank you all for reading this chapter! vote and comment if you liked it!

Current reads: 18.5k
Current votes: 1.02k

Follow me on Instagram!
@sydney._.roth
@swrites05

Check out my other stories!

The Point of A Dagger
Moth: A Short Story
My Divergent FanFic Series
A Girl By Any Other Voice