𝑃𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝐷𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑠

(Bound Part One)

Odessa rushed downstairs, sending her grandmother a smile

Odessa rushed downstairs, sending her grandmother a smile. "Good morning Grams."

"Good morning." Jane smiled at her. "Want some breakfast?"

"Sorry, but I can't. Getting something with Nick before he goes to school." Odessa stated. "Tell Cas I'll see her later." She gave her grams a kiss on her cheek. "Bye, love you."

"Love you too." She called after her granddaughter.

Odessa slammed the door behind her, rushing to the house in front of hers. She paused at the porch.

She always hesitated before going in to the house. Just to many memories of her and Jake. Good and bad. The worse being when she found out he left.

"Jake, you home?" Odessa let herself in. "Can we please talk?"

"He's gone." Nick, Jake's little brother broke the news to her.

"What?" She laughed, thinking he was joking. "Where is he, Nicky?"

"He left this morning. He didn't say anything, but when I came home. He was gone." Nick teared up. "I'm sorry, Odessa."

"No." She shook her head. "He wouldn't do that, not to me." She began to cry. "He wouldn't."

She fell to the ground, screaming out in heartbreak. Jake left her.

Nick hurried to her, wrapping his arms around her, letting his own tears fall.

The ground began to shake, surprising the two.

"What's going on?" Nick yelled.

Odessa stared at her hands that were clinched.  She knew. Somehow it was happening because of her.

She couldn't control it as she continued to cry. Things began to fall as the house shook more. Nick turned his stare to the girl.

"Odessa, calm down." He held her face. "It's okay. I'm here for you, okay?"

She nodded, wrapping her arms around him. Everything stopped shaking.

That was how the two found out Odessa was something else. And the start of an amazing friendship.

Odessa shook those thoughts away. She walked up the porch, unlocking the door with a wave of her hand. She shut the door behind her, making her way up the stairs. She passed by Jake's old room.