𝘕𝘪𝘤𝘬'𝘴 𝘞𝘢𝘬𝘦

(Wake Part Two)

Odessa quietly walked into her house, eyes red from crying with Melissa

She paused when she heard Cassie and her grandmother.

"She moved so fast." Cassie groaned as her grams fixed the bandage on her arm.

"We have to assume she'll be back." Jane sighed, getting up and going to grab a clock.

She moved the top of the clock and from within was the stone. The stone used on Odessa and Morgan.

"What is that?" Odessa made her presence known.

Jane turned to the fake blonde and smiled. "My mom gave this to me. And if Amelia and Julie were here, they're pass it on to you both."

She handed it to Cassie.

Cassie stared at it curiously. "This is what you used on Morgan."

Their grandmother hummed. "Think of it as a lens that magnifies your powers. Circle magic is complicated. It involves other personalities, other attitudes. The crystal is simpler. It's a reflection of you."

"I don't think I'm the person that you think I am." Cassie told her. "I can't even keep the circle together."

Her grandmother placed her hand over her comfortingly. "I know exactly who you are."

Cassie smiled as Jane stood up.

Their grandmother paused looking at her granddaughters. "No one can know you have the crystal. Not even the rest of your circle. Not even Morgan. It's the most coveted magic there is. But it can bring out the very worst in people. Okay?"

Cassie nodded in understanding.

"Okay." Odessa agreed frowning as she never hid anything from Morgan.

~~~

Odessa slowly walked into Nick's wake, arms intwined with Morgan. Morgan wrote in a book for Nick, her eyes tearing up.

She handed the pen to Odessa. Odessa hesitated before she began to write.

Nicky
I don't even know what to say. I thought we had more time together... that we would be best friends forever. But life sucks. And it took you from me. How could you leave me? I know it's my fault. And I hate myself for it. If I was stronger, I could've saved us both.