𝘍𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘺

(Masked part one)

Odessa was almost like her old self

Odessa was almost like her old self. The pain was still there but she knew Nick wouldn't have wanted her to mope around.

Today was Halloween, her and Nick's favorite holiday.

She was going to have fun and probably get drunk. Forget all about her problems.

"I'm excited for tonight." Diana broke Odessa from her thoughts.

"Thanks for coming over to help set up." Cassie told the girl.

"No problem. I love Halloween." Diana grinned. "And I could use a distraction."

"Halloween is the greatest." Odessa chuckled. "Last year Nick and I dressed up as witches. Ironic, huh?"

The three other witches in the room shared a look. That was the first time Odessa said his name without crying.

Cassie changed the subject. "Have you and Adam talked at all since the wake?"

Diana frowned. "No."

"I wish I could help somehow-"

The Meade witch cut her off. "I don't even want to talk about it. I shouldn't have brought it up."

"Oh, of course. Sorry." Cassie said. "Okay. I know there's a big bag of plastic cups somewhere in here."

Faye walked in with a creepy dummy in her arms.

"What the hell is that?" Morgan questioned her sister with furrowed brows.

"Uh, zombie?" Faye gave her sister a look. "Got it from the drama club. This is just the beginning."

"There's a truckload of stuff." Melissa stated. "Faye invited them so they'd let us take as much as we wanted."

Odessa zoned out turning to Cassie who was frozen in spot. "Cassie, something wrong?"

"Oh my god." Cassie didn't answer her.

"What's wrong?" Diana asked.

Cassie bent down to pick something up. "This is part of the blade that girl used to attack me and Odessa. It must have broken off."

The said girl gently touched her stomach as she remembered her. She was still healing from that cut.

"It looks old." Melissa said.

The girls crowded around as Diana examined it.

"That's the crescent moon symbol she burned into the ground." Diana stated.