𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 15.

Continuation of Cyra's flashbacks

Cyra was now 19. Successfully handling most of HYDRA's missions.

They were down in the basement. Dmitrij stood in the middle of the room and Cyra behind his back. In front of him was a family of Novikov. Novikov had cooperated with  HYDRA for multiple years but the day their son was born they suddenly wanted nothing to do with it, secretly transgressing to S.H.I.E.L.D.

When HYDRA found out they ordered Cyra to assassinate them but Dmitrij robustly disagreed. Demanding on bringing them to the base.
And that's what Cyra did. Brought both of them along with their child to her father.

Now they were standing together. Their son was holding onto his mother's leg tightly as his father tried shielding them with his body.

"Vy dvoye dumali, chto ya ne uznayu?" (You two thought I wouldn't know?) Dmitrij casually asked them.

The woman was glaring at Dmitrij.  They both knew what kind of men he was just like they knew standing up to him was impossible.

"Otpusti moyu zhenu i syna" (Let my wife and son go.) The man pleaded but Dmitrij only laughed at how naive he was.

The little boy was now crying uncontrollably.

"Cyra." Her father said and she drew her gun out,pointing at them.

"No!!" The woman screamed as her eyes filled with tears as well.

"Vot chto proiskhodit, kogda vy predayete HYDRA."  (This is what happens when you betray HYDRA.)

Dmitrij called out as Cyra pressed the shutter button. The bullet went right through that man's heart. Both the woman and child screamed and shook in fear. They were grabbing onto each other, scared to let go as his lifeless body hit the ground right in front of their eyes.

"Vy monstry!" (You monsters!) She screamed at them.

Cyra smiled and now aimed the gun at her and fired, blowing her brains out as the kid was the only one to stay alive, standing in the blood of his parents.

"Finish the job."  Dmitrij ordered and turned around,on his way to leave the basement when Cyra pointed her gun  at the little boy.

He was crying, looking at her with those big brown eyes as if he was searching for sympathy but he wasn't going to find any.

Cyra wasn't programmed to kill, because she was the program to kill.

...
Present time

The base was more crowded today than any other day. The big mission was happening tomorrow so they all were working and preparing for it.

The hallway was packed as well,people were bumping into each other only Cyra had a clear way to walk through. From the corner of her eye she noticed Noah. Flirting with the young cook from the cafeteria.

She noticed him glance over at her but Cyra kept looking in front of her as she passed by them.

She got down to Barnes's cell, opening the door.

She didn't even have to tell him anything as he without a word stood up and followed her out into the training rooms. It was supposed to be their last training day before they'd leave.

They stood in the middle of the room as she threw a long wooden stick at him.

He looked at her confused but when she striked at him with it he quickly caught up

He looked at her confused but when she striked at him with it he quickly caught up.  They were striking at and bloking each others hits until both of the sticks broke due to the strength they were using. It fell to the ground as their gazes followed the broken wood. Then they both looked up at each. Cyra smirked at him as she went to kick him.He blocked her kick but she did a flip kicking him again and this time she was faster. She kicked him down as he frowned and kicked her from under her legs making her fall forward since she wasn't expecting it and end up on top of him.

She blocked her fall with her metal arm but her other one ended up placed against his chest. She could feel his chest raising and falling. His chest was hard like a rock. They both froze for a second, looking into each other's eyes.

Then Cyra groaned, striking again as they fought on the ground. They tried to defeat one another but as always it was a fair fight. Cyra managed to punch him in his ribs making him grunt and release her hand from his grip. He frowned becoming angrier as he grabbed her metal wrist and pulled on it making her end up under him and they froze again.

Both breathing heavily as their faces were just inches away from each other.

Cyra was holding onto his metal arm with hers as they kept the eyecontact. His eyes started moving from her silver eyes to her full lips, back and forth. She frowned. Not liking this situation.It was too much. He was too close. But she didn't move an inch.

She was breathing rapidly now,not knowing what to expect. He moved a little closer although he was hesitant. He was watching her eyes and reading her body language to know how far he is allowed to go and she wasn't fighting it. Her body disagreed with her mind.

She tightened her grip on his arm when he moved even closer and their lips gently brushed against each other.

He looked into her eyes one last time before he moved back and let their lips brush against each other again,

And just as that happened Cyra heard the door open as she quickly kicked him off of her before anyone could see them.