𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 25.

1 week later

The past few days have been weird. Cyra was avoiding her father most of the time and when she wasn't, there was always this unfamiliar tension between them.

She was now sitting on her bed in complete dark in the middle of the night looking at nothingness. Her hands were shaking and her face remained numb. She looked as if she was in a shock.

She didn't know what she was feeling. It was strange. But something was coming.

Something big.

...
The next morning

Cyra was wandering around the base when she saw two guards with James.

She hadn't seen him that much the past week. It was better that way. The world was going crazy after their mission in New York so for now there were no new missions making it easier fo her to avoid him.

They disappeared behind door of the basement, already making Cyra suspicious. She raised her eyebrow when she suddenly heard loud footsteps. She turned her head to the side seeing her father.

"Cyra come with me." He commanded as he was walking past her and she followed him into the basement.

She saw James sitting in that familiar chair shirtless.

She had no idea what was going. Her eyes were moving from James to her father as she stood still. She saw the machine for erasing memories, making her stomach turn.

James was looking straight at her.

The last time they were erasing his memories of his past was way before New York.

"Davayte nachnem." (Let's start) Her father ordered casually and stood on the side of the room.

Cyra's eyes met James's. He was staring at her with those eyes full of pain. He was already identified with what was going to happen. The guards pushed him back onto the seat and he did not break eyecontact with her. Not even for a split second.

"Go sit down Cyra you don't have stand there like that." Dmitrijs voice was calm. Which was even scarier.

She walked to the back sitting down on a chair, directly in front of James.

They put something in front of his mouth as he bit into it.

They turned the machine on as it secured his hands pinning them to the chair. His chest was rising up and down abruptly, his muscles flexing from the pressure.

The machine moved down and stuck to his face

The machine moved down and stuck to his face. His eyes were open wide and as it started doing it's work screams escaped his mouth.

The screams echoed through the room. So loud and terrifying.

Cyra's jaw clenched reflexively. So hard she wouldn't be suprised if she broke her set of teeth.

Dmitrij's eyes were burying into her as she tried to look like the torture he was experiencing wasn't affecting her. Going from her laughing at his pain to wanting to sit there instead of him was wierd and new.

It's been already going on for about five minutes and his screams were only becoming louder. It never took this much time. She looked at Dmitrij, he was dusting down his uniform.

Her hands gripped the sides of the chair. It was too much now.

She was fighting her own self again.

Until she couldn't take it anymore.

She stood up abruptly but stopped in her tracks as if trying to stop herself

Dmitrij looked at her and grinned. This is exactly what he was trying to make her do. React.

"Is there something wrong Cyra." He spoke.

"Turn it off." She said through her teeth.

"And why would I do that?" He nagged.

"You could kill him. This is not what we had agreed on." She stepped closer to him and her hands were bailed in fists. One of Dmitrij's guards grabbed his gun but Dmitrij signalized him to put it down.

"But it seems like there's more to it." He whispered clearly trying to provoke her.

"Don't be ridiculous father. I don't care about anything but my missions. But for that you need both of us. You know you do." She spoke so fast she couldn't even hear herself.

But he still didn't command them to turn it off. So she decided to do it herself. Cyra glared towards the machine walking up to it pushing the guard out of the way and turned it off.

Mistake.

"Take him and leave us alone." Dmitrij commanded with a hard voice. He stood straight and proud.

James looked up at her with tired eyes. But there was something more in them. Worry. He was hesitant, not liking the idea of her being there alone with Dmitrij but he couldn't protest. They grabbed his weak body dragging him out.

And as soon as the door closed Dmitrij walked up to her. He raised his hand and slapped her. And then again. It wasn't painful for her but it definitely brought back memories. She breathed hard through her nose as he raised his hand up again. His palm almost touched her face but she caught it in the air gripping his hand hard making him grimace in pain.

"This was over the day you made a Winter Soldier out of me. So let it stay that way." She warned him.

She let go of him before taking a few steps away still watching him and left, heading straight to the soldier's cell not caring that this was the day she set the bomb off.