3.

***
I hesitated before walking over to the door and putting my hand on the door knob.

"Who is it?" I said.

"Vincenzo, open up. Now." He sounded annoyed.

I contemplated opening the bathroom door but did after a few seconds. Once I opened the door I was instantly pinned to the wall by a big cold hand wrapped around my throat and the door was locked by his free hand. Both of my hands shot up to his wrist that held my throat and I stared into his eyes pleading with fear.

"Please— let go Vince!" I whined.

"My name is Vincenzo, address me as such puttana. Hmm, you're a pretty little thing aren't you? You'll do just great." He said with a devilish grin while looking straight into my eyes. He had no emotion behind them. None. What the fuck was I getting myself into...

"How disrespectful of you to ignore your future husband all dinner." He whispered into my ear in a raspy dominant tone.

"If you were mine you'd be punished. Soon enough you'll understand and be the good little cagna I know you can be." His lips made contact with my ear as he backed away and looked me in the eyes again. I felt my cheeks burn up. Please not now. I looked into his eyes as mine started to water from how this stranger was already treating me. Fine, two can play this game.

"Thankfully I'm not your bitch, at least not for another 7 days. If I had it my way we wouldn't even be introduced." I said finding the courage to stand up for myself. Go meeee. Fuck this man. I saw his face turn into an unsettling smile as his hold around my neck tightened, I was now slightly gasping for air. Oh shit. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

"Let go of— m-me.."

"In 7 days time you'll be mine and I'll handle you my way putanna. I will not tolerate any disrespect from you, remember who you're speaking to." He said letting go of my neck as I fell to the bathroom floor grabbing at my neck. He scoffed looking at me on the floor as I looked at him through watery eyes and squinted eyes from anger. Just like that he walked out without saying a word.

After I had fixed myself and prepared mentally again to meet them at the dinner table, I walked out. I saw my father and mother still sat at the table eating dessert along with my brother who was now sitting next to his girlfriend. I looked around for Vincenzo and he was nowhere to be found. Where could that bitch be?

I went over to the table and sat back at my seat to eat my dessert with the others. As I ate I smelled him. The smell of an expensive musky cologne that had me weak at my knees. He did smell really good I must admit. I turned my head to meet his eyes as he walked over.

"I must get going. I have important business to attend to. It was.." he looked at me and smirked. "Nice meeting all of you. Athena, we shall be in touch." I gave him a fake smile and looked back down at my plate.

"Thank you for coming, son. Athena is ecstatic about the mar-" before my father could finish Vincenzo turned on his heel and walked out with an annoyed expression on his face. What a strange man. I thought to myself.

*** time jump. 2 days before I'm due to marry Vincenzo.

I was at a bridal dress store with my mamma picking out my wedding dress, who knew I'd be this difficult to pick out a dress for a marriage I didn't even want to go through with?! Fuck me. This was actually kind of fun though, I enjoyed the time spent with my mother as we talked and looked through loads of different dresses.

I had asked for something that wasn't too extravagant, I want something simple and delicate. The store owner came over with the perfect dress after hours of looking through many different ones. It was beautiful. It had a low back cutout and thing straps, a long mermaid train in the back but not too long. The lace, the laceee is what really got me. I tried it on and instantly fell in love.