5.

***
I'm looking at myself in the mirror of the church dressing room after getting dressed and makeup being done. My hair was in beautiful loose curls and a small tiara sat on my head holding down my veil. I looked absolutely beautiful. I couldn't help but wish that my wedding day was under different circumstances and with someone I knew loved me entirely.

<dress she's wearing>

My mamma and papa walked in hand and hand as I looked at them through the mirror

My mamma and papa walked in hand and hand as I looked at them through the mirror. My mother looked radiant as always in a beautiful light blue dress and my papa looked as upset as always in a black tux.

"You look beautiful, tesoro." she said smiling at me with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. I turned around and headed to her to hug her. I was going to miss her most of all once I was gone to live with that monster. She nudged my father causing him to sigh.

"Yeah, what your mother said. You look.. beautiful, Athena." He rolled his eyes. "You better not mess this up or I will personally strangle you to death, you hear me?" I pulled away from my mother and stepped back to where I was standing before. He's terrifying and I didn't want to start anything risking possibly pissing him and Vincenzo off so I just nodded and he stormed out of the room without a word. Thank sky daddy.

My mother walked to me and kissed me on the head, I held her hands and enjoyed the moment.

"It'll be okay, I promise. Don't be nervous I know Vincenzo won't harm you or lay a finger on you. I had a talk with him the night of the dinner about how important you are to me, Athena. I love you tesoro." She hugged me once more and pulled away to look into my eyes with sad ones.

"I love you so much mamma." I said trying not to cry. "Don't cry!! You'll ruin that beautiful makeup you have on your face." She said causing us to both laugh.

"The ceremony starts in 5 minutes, hurry please. Your father will meet you outside the door to walk you up to Vincenzo at the alter."

"Ok." And with that she walked out.

Sky daddy, please let this run smoothly. I sat quietly until I heard a knock at the door from I presumed to be my father signaling to me that the 5 minutes were over. I walked out and he held out his arm for me to hold and I did—I didn't dare look at him. I looked from where we were standing over at all of the people sitting waiting for us to walk and noticed some family members but the rest were unknown to me.

"We walk now, keep up." he said.

We bagan walking and the piano began to play the infamous song everyone knows is played at every wedding. The nerves in my body became unbearable the moment I saw him at the alter, he looked powerful and ruthless. His all black tux made him look sexy and untouchable almost, the tattoos peaking from his neck and hands made him look all the more intimidating. Our eyes locked and my breathe hitched at my throat as my heart thumped in my chest so fast I felt as if it would explode out of it at any moment. I wanted to stop walking, I wanted to run back home and lay in my bed and forget all of this. I want to be a normal 17 year old girl.