7.

***
I rolled over to check my phone as the sun started to rise through the window. I didn't sleep all night, I sobbed quietly to myself as I stared outside on my bed. I felt numb and defeated, he made me feel these things. I heard it all, the door get shut once again, him walking her out, and the front door open and close as she left.

It's 5:47am and I decided I wanted water as I have a headache that's getting progressively worse. I think it's because of how much I cried. I put my one into one of my pockets and get up walking to the door. For a moment I pause as I put my hand on the doorknob.. please don't be awake, I don't know how i'll manage if I see him right now. I open the door slowly not wanting to make any noise and peak my head out looking down the hallway. The coast is clear so I walk out and make my way out of the hallways to the stairs. Once I arrive downstairs I walk over to the gigantic kitchen to my right and all of the lights are still off besides the light above the stove, I assume it's always on.

I sigh of relief as I take a second to admire the beautiful white kitchen that looks very elegant and clean. It looks lovely. I run my fingers on the marble countertops as I walk to the fridge to get myself something to drink. I open it and look around and find a water bottle. Perfect. I shut the door and feel a hand creep around my hip. I look down at the hand and see it's Vincenzo, before I could fully think it through I was filled with anger and just lashed out. I turned around and threw a hard slap at his cheek. He doesn't flinch or move he just stares at me with eyes that could kill, my heart starts pumping and I move back hitting the fridge as I realize what I've just done. My eyes widen as he starts walking towards me and I hold out my hand trying to stop him from coming any further but he grabs my wrist harshly and drags me out of the kitchen.

"Let go of me! Please let go! I wasn't thinking I'm sorry, please LET ME GO!!" He continued to walk and eventually got to the stairs where he picked me up and threw me over his shoulders. I continue to yell and try to get out of his hold to no avail. After walking up the stairs and down the hall we arrived at his room. I do not want to go in there, after what I saw last night? Fuck no. I hit him a couple times on the back with balled fists as he opened the door and walked in. "LET GO OF MEEEE!!!!" I yelled once more before being thrown onto the bed.

"You're so lucky to be alive right now! If you were anyone else I would've strangled you to death. If you ever slap me again it will be your last, understood?" He said hovering over me as I didn't dare to move from where I'd been thrown or look up to him.

He grabbed my hair and forced me to look at him, I winced in sudden pain while I looked at him and tears began to form in my eyes. His face didn't change from an upset expression as he did this.

"Am I fucking understood, Athena? What the fuck are you going to cry about this time?" Tears began running down my face and I had finally had enough I broke down and began sobbing right then and there. I gasped between sobs and tried to breathe correctly. He didn't look phased one bit and on shoved me back as he let go of my hair. "Pathetic... you're such a child."

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT FROM ME?! I'm only 17!! I lost my mother and father yesterday and moved in with a complete stranger who doesn't give a rats ass about me!" I yelled loudly. He finally looked like he had a flash of emotion on his face.

"You'r-" he began to say something but I cut him off.

"I'm not finished— I'm not some stupid naive girl, I saw you last night with whatever whore you brought here. You two seemed to have been having a great time, you should've forced her to marry you instead of a 'child'" I said as I wiped my tears and looked into his blue orbs searching for a smidge of regret or guilt, there was none. His face turned into a scowl and I could tell he was pissed.