4.

Rick and a couple of the Hockey boys showed me, my classes. I had a lot of classes with the JV team, or as they call themselves, "The Ducks." Right now I'm going to the Varsity practice to say Hi to the coach and well, practice.

"Hey, Coach!"

"Oh, Hey Clove. So kid I have to tell you something," He said in a sad voice.

"What is it? Is something wrong?"

"Ya, kid there's something wrong."

"Well, c'mon spit it out already!"

"Umm, you can't play for the varsity," He said, his voice becoming softer and quieter.

"WHAT!" I screamed. The whole rink went silent. "WHY CANT I PLAY FOR THE VARSITY TEAM!"

"WAIT WHAT!" The boys yelled.

"Why can't she play coach."

"Ya is it because she's a girl."

"Coach if it's because she's a girl ill beat your as then get you fired."

"Coach she our way to suc-." They were all cut off by the coach.

"No, it's not because she's a girl. No, it's not up to me, trust me I want her to play but she isn't allowed." Coach said.

"Wait, why aren't I allowed. Before I came you said it was ok and I was allowed to play." I said sadly.

"Clove, your - your dad doesn't want you playing for the varsity. He says it wouldn't be fair and you would get crushed." Coach said.

I can't believe it my dad knew how much this meant to me and he did it anyway. And worst of all he doesn't think I'm good enough. My biggest support doesn't think I'm good enough.

"Clove. Clove darling, say something," Scooter said.

"My dad doesn't think I'm good enough," I said quietly.

"No darling, that's not why he doesn't want you getting hurt that's all."

"He doesn't think, I'M GOOD ENOUGH. UGH," I screamed. I walked out of the rink and ran up the stairs with my gear. While I was walking up the stairs I bumped into someone.

"Oh, uh sorry"' I said quickly then, started to walk away. They then grabbed my hand.

"Hey, umm, your Clove Madden right?" They asked.

"Ya, umm, I'm not in the mood for autographs or pictures sorry."

"No, umm. I'm on the JV team. We heard what happened at the rink sorry."

"Wait, were you eavesdropping on my conversation."

"No, no, no, umm, we were going to practice, and then we just happened to hear it."

"Great, now everybody knows. Ugh. will you please just move I want to go to my dorm and break things"

"Oh, uh ya, sorry. Hey, one question."

"Ya?"

"Would you like to go on a date sometime and get to know each other?"

wait

almost there

"I'm Charlie, by the way. Ducks Team Captain."