13.

Clove POV

I woke up with Adam's arms around my waist.

"Adam, wake up. We have to get ready for the hockey game."

He groaned. "Ok, I'm getting up."

We both got up and grabbed our stuff. I locked the door to my dorm and we went down to the rink. When we got their everybody on the varsity team was already there so we got our gear on and got on the rink.

We warmed up as we waited for the JV team to arrive. They finally did and also warmed up. I looked over and saw Scooter trying to flirt with Julie, but she wasn't taking it. He still smirked after she technically declined.

Rick and Charlie got in the middle and we all bent down to get ready.

"First to ten. Full check," Rick said to Charlie.

Rick ended up checking Charlie to the ground and taking to puck. I skated up with him. Connie and Guy made their way in front of Cole and said. "All right. Two for one." Then pushed them to the ground.

"Come on, buddy, Make your move! Make your move!" Goldberg said.

Rick passed it to me and I scored. The ducks groaned and the varsity cheered. Both Cole and Rick came up to me and hugged me and said, "Easy."

I skated up to Adam and he took our helmets off a bit and said, "Good job darling," and kissed my forehead. I skated back up to Rick and Cole and got ready again. Charlie went behind his goal and yelled. "Flying "V"," and put his arms up in a "V" shape. We all knew how they do it because Adam told us. So we were ready for this. As they skated up to us we skated backward. Rick nodded at both me and Rick and we skated up to them and checked them all to the ground. Rick took the puck and we both followed him. Rick faked Goldberg out and made a goal. They all started doing victory dances while I skated up to Adam.

"Let's finish up this game. I'm tired."

"Alright, darling."

I skated back up to the middle. If you were to watch this game all you would see is Ducks flying all over the game. I could tell Charlie was going to try the triple deke. We all had practiced this move with Scooter, so he would be ready for it. So, when Carlie went to shot it Scooter caught it and handed it off to me. Rick and I passed back and forth, all the way up to Goldberg. Cole checked Goldberg out of the way and I got the puck onto my stick and slowly dropped it into the goal. Everyone came up and hugged me. I skated over to Adam, while Rick gloated about the goal I made.

Charlie got the puck and was skating up to Scooter when Adam got next to him and started poking at Charlie's stick trying to steal the puck.

"Bank! Get him, Banks!" Rick yelled.

"You got him, Adam!" I yelled.

Charlie missed the shot and grabbed Adam as they both fell into the goal. I knew this would end up in a fight so I just stood aside. Everyone started to fight and I just walked back to the locker room and got dressed because I realized that I would probably have to clean Adam up after this. Right as I was walking out all the boys started to walk in. I punched each and every one of them as they walked back. When Adam walked in I grabbed his arm and said, "Come to my dorm after?"

"Sure thing, darling."

I walked out and I heard Coach Orion yelling about how they just lost everything they had over us. They didn't have anything over us, we were always one step ahead. I walked up to Coach.

"Hey, Coach. I'm not playing for JV anymore. Something happened and I'm not gonna say. Just want to let you know I'm done with this team. Sorry Coach good luck."

"That's alright Clove. I trust it is a good reason. Good luck and Goodbye."

"Bye Coach," I left as the whole JV team stood there jaw dropped and shocked.

I walked back to my dorm and sat on my bed and read a book. I heard the door open and Adam walked in with a busted lip and a huge gash on his forehead. I stood up and grabbed his hand. I walked into the bathroom and grabbed the medkit. I jumped up onto the counter and grabbed the antibiotic and a paper towel and dabbed it onto the gash and busted lip. He winced as I put the antibiotic on.

I looked up at him, "Sorry."

"It's ok," He smiled.

I finished and put everything back I walked over to the bed and we hung out until Adam go a call.

"O-ok. Umm, ya I'll be there in 10," He put the phone down and his eyes started to tear up.

"Hey, what's wrong. What happened?" I walked up to him and put my arms around his neck.

"A friend, of mine just passed away. His funeral is 10 minutes."

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry Adam," I hugged him and he dug his head into the crook of my neck. He went to his dorm and got ready before he left I said goodbye and told him I'll be here when he comes back.

After a couple of hours, he came back all teary-eyed. I walked up to him and gave him a big hug. He dug his head into the crook of my neck. I could feel my shoulder getting wet and realized he was crying. I lifted his chin up and said, "Don't cry, darling. He's in a better place now."

He nodded and I led him over to my bed and laid down. He laid down right after and put his head on my chest.

"I know this isn't the best way to ask. But Clove will you be my 3girlfriend."

Yes, Adam. I will be your girlfriend," I kissed his lips and then played with his hair, as we both fell asleep. I could tell he was asleep when I heard his soft snores.

"Goodnight Adam. I love you," I said as I let the darkness take over.