6.

Charlie POV

I looked around and realized I didn't see Adam anywhere. I walked around the corner and, tears started to swell in my eyes at what I saw. Adam and Clove, leaning in about to kiss.

"WHAT THE HELL!" I yelled. Everybody came around the corner and saw adam and Clove. They all gasped.

"CHARLIE!" Both Clove and Adam yelled.

They both looked down at their feet.

"You know what, Forget it. Let's just go practice." I said walking back to the rink.

Clove POV

Everybody went with Charlie which left me and, adam alone.

"Um, what just happened?" I asked Adam.

"Well, Charlie might've had a crush on you. That has been going on for a couple of years now."

"Oh, but I don't even know him?"

"I don't know. We should probably go to practice though," Adam said.

"Ya, probably."

He put his arm around me and, we walked to the rink.

"Bye kid," Rick said as he, Scooter, and Cole patted my head as they left. I looked back at them and, they were all wiggling their eyebrows. I put the middle finger up to them and kept walking.

Adam and I put our skates on as all the others started skating.

Adam and I get on the ice and start skating with them then, Charlie looks back at Dwyane and says. "How about it. Cowboy round-up.

Connie looks at him and says. Hey, Charlie, shouldn't we wait for the new coach before we mess around?"

"This is how we practice. Duck hockey, Connie. He'll have to get used to it sooner or later," He looked at Dwyane." Well, come one, Cowboy. Hit it."

Dwyane looked around with a big smile on his face. "Yee-ha! ROund 'em up, doggies!"

Everybody started skating except me. I didn't want to look bad in front of my hockey coach. I just show him how good I am and, he'll have to move me up.

"here I come, y'all!" Dwyane yelled.

Then somebody else yelled. "Watch out, here he comes!"

Dwyane had his lasso swinging it around and, he skated after everybody. One by one, everybody got caught until Dwyane yelled." Here I come Charlie, Oh, your done boy!"

Charlie got caught in the lasso and tripped falling right in front of the coach. He's just got bad luck, doesn't he? Coach blew the whistle, and skated right in front of Charlie, and said. "My name is Coach Orion. You can call me Coach or Coach Orion."

"Well, You can call me Charlie, He says as he ducks chuckle and he put his hand out to shake.

"Is he nuts," Connie says.

"That must be what the "C" on your jersey sands for, huh? It sure doesn't stand for "captain."

"Sorry, Coach. We were just messin' with you, you know," Russ says.

Then Goldie says." Hey, Bombay gave him the "C"."

"Coach says. "And I respect that, but that's the past. This is my team now, and I'll be selecting the captain."

"You gotta be kidding me, right? I mean, you're the rookie here. We all been together for four years," Charlie says as all the ducks say yeah.

"Okay, Charlie, laps. Right now."

"How many, Coach Orion?"

"I don't recall saying." Charlie sa=ighs and starts doing laps.

I stand up and skate out to say hello. I skate out to him, and sand right in front and of the coach and say. "Hello Coach, I'm Clove," I smile at him.

"Ah, Miss. Madden, what are you doing on this team. Arnt, you supposed to be on the varsity team?" He says.

"Yes, I am, but my father decided that you have to make that decision. Not him."

"Well, then, I hope to see your best 'cause I'm not going easy on you."

"I hope you won't. I want to prove to my father, I am the best and deserve my spot on the team."

Very, well. Let's get started.

Coach Orion's POV

I know she was lying. Her father spoke to me before practice and told me that I couldn't put her on the Varsity team. She belongs there, but I can't disobey his intentions for his daughter. It doesn't mean I don't want her on my team. I would love to have her on my team. With her, we are for sure to win and, we will win. I just, don't want to crush her dreams.