11.

Clove POV

Mindy took me back to my dorm and we said goodbye and she left when I opened my door and found Adam sitting on my bed reading a book.

"Ahhh, Jeezes Adam. How did you even get in here."

"I have a key to your dorm," He said calmly not looking up from his book.

"Umm, ok. We saw Charlie at the dinner while getting ice cream."

"Really! Did he say anything?" He said looking up.

"No. He didn't say anything. I checked him and then we left."

"Oh, ok. Now come here. I want cuddles," He put down his book on the side table. He pulled the blanket up and I walked over to him laid down. "Turn around."

"What? Why?"

"Just turn around."

"Ok?" I turned around and his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into his chest. He put his head on my shoulder.

"That's why." He dug his head into the crook of my neck. He sighed sending shivers down my spine. "Goodnight Clove. I love you."

I don't think he realized what he said because right after he fell asleep. I smiled and said, "Goodnight Adam. I love you too."

Adam POV

I woke up with the memory of hearing Clove say "I love you too". Too? Wait, did I say it first? Oh, no, I don't want to ruin anything, now just knows. Maybe shell just thinks I was tired and saying nonsense, or maybe she felt the same, or just felt pity, cause she didn't feel the same and said it back. She started to stir, she probably heard my heartbeat pick up because I was thinking about it so much.

I shook Clove. "Hey, Darling. It's time to get up," She groaned. "Were gonna be late for school, C'mon."

We both got up and, she got ready in the bathroom. I had some spare clothes lying around, so I got changed into those. We grabbed our bags and left her dorm. We had similar classes since we were on the same team.

Clove POV

It was lunchtime, so Adam and I went to the cafeteria. Rick told me his plan on getting back at the JV. We all walked over to their table and Rick said, "Hey, congrats on the Blake game."

"Yeah, right. We tied," Charlie said.

"Hey, a point's a point."

"Well, thanks to Clove, we tied. If it wasn't for her we would've lost," Charlie stood up, clearly not realizing Adam was a little bit behind me and all the Varsity guys were staring at him. He put his hand on my face and said, "That's right baby girl, all thanks to you," He started to lean in for a kiss, but before he could.

Adam grabbed my waist and pulled me into his chest.

"This," He said pointing, to me. "This is mine." His grip tightened the tiniest bit as he glared at charlie. "And if you touch this, you will never touch the ice ever again. Got it?"

Charlie stood there shocked, along with both Junior Varsity and Varsity teams.

"Ummm..... Y - ya, ya, I got it." He said.

"And this is why I like him. Fuck your father's opinion Clove. Keep him, keep him pleaseeeee," Rick begged.

I laughed and looked up at Adam. "I think I'm gonna keep him." Adam looked down and kissed my lips.

"Ahhhh, that doesn't mean you can make out in front of me!" Rick yelled. "Anyway, we're all warriors now. You guys proved your guts. You all set for dinner Friday?" They all were skeptical, but Adam got them to do it.

Flashback

"And Clove no boys. You're only here for H=hockey and hockey only. Go it?" My dad said.

"Yes, dad. I promise."

"Good. Now go get ready. We have to leave in a few."

Present

Rick's right fuck my dad's opinion. I don't care, I love Adam and I'm not leaving him after what he just did for me. I know mom will be happy for me. I mean Adam and I aren't even dating, but I mean after what he just did for me if he doesn't ask me soon. I'll just ask him. Easy, it's just that easy. Right? I mean if he feels the same he'll ask me or if I ask him he will say yes. I really don't like stuff like this. Maybe I'll just go ask Mindy for help with this stuff. She knows all about it. We'll I have to go ask her for help to get ready for the dinner anyway, so I might as well ask her there.

Adam POV

I have to go get ready for dinner, but before I do I need to ask Rick something. I walk to Rick's dorm and knock.

"What's up. Oh, hey Adam."

"Hey Rick, I need to ask you something."

"Ya, what's up."

"I want to ask Clove to be my girlfriend, but I'm not sure how. And I don't know if she feels the same."

"Ok, first you shouldn't be asking me for permission you should ask her brother, I'll call him. And I know she feels the same. I see the way she looks at you. The way she blushes when you look her way. She likes you. Trust me." We both hear knocking. "Come in."

"Hey, Rick, what's up? Oh, who's this?"

"This is Adam Banks. He has a crush on your sister and wants to ask her out. He came to me for permission, but I told him he needs your's."

"So, you're the guy she tells me all about. She really likes you, dude. And after that stunt, you pulled in the cafeteria. I like you and I think you'll be good for her. So, yes you have my permission. To ask her to be your girlfriend."

"Thank you so much."

"No, thank you for making her so happy. I've never seen her this happy before."

"Alright, now, Adam go get ready for the dinner," Rick said.

"Alright. Thanks again Dylan," I said.

"No problem, Adam."