15.

Clove POV

I woke up to Adam telling me that today was the hockey game and we needed to get ready. We walked down to the rink hand and hand.

"Good luck, darling. May the best win," Adam kissed my lips.

"Good luck, Adam. May the best win," I kissed him again, and we both headed towards our locker room.

"Tonight the Eden Hall varsity Warriors do battle the Eden Hall freshman Ducks. That's right, folks, look at those uniforms. The sign of the Duck is here at Eden Hall for at least one night."

Both teams stepped out onto the ice and the Ducks started circling around. The crown cheered and clapping as they did it. I looked at Rick and he nodded to me. I skated over to them and joined them as they did it. I know I didn't know Hans very well, but I did it with respect for him because I have heard many stories about him from Adam.

"It appears they're paying homage to their departed friend and mentor, Hans. The touching of the ice is a Norwegian symbol of respect. Oh my, and it looks like Clove is participating in it too, to show respect. Very respectful from Clove Madden."

We all stood up and they all patted me on the back as a thank you. I skated back to the varsity and Rick, Cole, and Scooter came and tapped me on the head showing that it was a very kind thing.

Coach came over to the bench. "They don't belong on our ice, they don't belong in our school. Now let's, show 'em why. Let's go gentlemen! and Clove." We all shout in agreement and get in our positions. Rick pushes Charlie onto the ground and takes the puck.

"The puck is dropped, and here we go. Ooh, Varsity comes out hard." Josh says.

Rick passes the puck to me and I skate down to the goal. I shoot it and it bounces off of Julie.

"Oo! Big save by Julie the Cat! At this rate, it's gonna take a miracle for the Ducks to hang on."

We pass it around in a square, so the Ducks can't get it. Cole shoots are and it is saved by Goldberg.

"Goldberg, spectacular toe save, as the Ducks are playing real defense."

We all crowd around Julie as we try to score.

"Get off of me!" Julie yells as the whistle is blown.

The puck is put back in the middle and Charlie ends up getting it and shoving Rick down. I end up getting the puck back and I shoot it. But Julie saves it. Rick gets it and shoots but Julie saved it again. Charlie gets the puck and clears it, but I stop it and pass it to Rick.

"Warriors are swarming," Josh says. "Gaffney comes up big again! Conway gets the rebound... and ices the puck. I don't know how much longer the Ducks can hang on. Rick gets the puck passes it to Cole and he passes it to me I shoot and Julie saves it. The crowd goes crazy. We get the rebound and shoot it again and again and again.

"It's Goldberg, Germaine, and Averman. Everyone's getting in the act now. They're clearing out the garbage in front of the net. They arn't gonna allow any cheap goals tonight."

We all start skating back when the Ducks have the puck.

"First shot on the Varsity goalie. Save! Ah, he came up big." Josh says as Scooter saves it. Cole gets the puck and maneuvers his way through the Ducks. Cole shoots it and Julie saves it. Our other enforcer pushes one of the Ducks down. Rick shoots it and Julie saves it. The crowd goes wild again. Rick and I get off and Coach comes up to us and yells," Pick up the hitting now!" We both nod and go back to watching the game. The Ducks get the puck but don't keep it for very long. Every second a new Duck is down on the ground.