The Ship

Dipper didn't want to go on the trip.

He insisted his family let him stay home, but of course, they wouldn't go without him.

"Come on Dip-Dop, it will be fun. Summer is almost over, you need a break before you start college." Mabel insisted.

"But I should be studying. Plus, it would be cheaper if I didn't go. Why waste the money if I don't want to go?" Dipper asked.

"Because it's a family trip." Ford said, "Once you're off to college, we won't see you as much. You'll have fun. I promise."

Famous last words. Dipper thought.

"I just...I don't like the ocean..." Dipper said.

"We'll be safe Bro-Bro, it's not like we'll be swimming in the ocean." Mabel said.

"Still...I just...I've never liked the ocean Mabel. I just think it would be better if I didn't go. I'd probably just bum everyone out." Dipper said. Mabel rolled her eyes.

"But it won't be as fun without you. No offense Grunkle Stan and Grunkle Ford." Mabel said.

"None taken." Ford said. Stan grunted.

"Come on. It will be fun. It could be like titanic, maybe I'll meet the love of my life." Mabel said.

"Everybody died on titanic." Dipper pointed out.

"Not Rose~" Mabel said in a sing-song tone.

"Are you implying that you would be ok if you met the love of your life and then he died freezing in the ocean?" Dipper asked.

"Of course not. Buuut, if I did meet the love of my life, I wouldn't be too picky about the circumstances." Mabel said jokingly.

Dipper sighed.

"Fine. I'll pack my bag..." Dipper finally said. Mabel cheered and hugged her twin.

"Yaaaay! This is so exciting. We're going to have a great time!" Mabel said.

=====

So far, it wasn't a great time.

Dipper was crammed in the backseat of Stan's practically ancient car with a suitcase and a duffle bag shoved inbetween him and Mabel.

Mabel was content though, cheerfully humming 'My heart will go on'. Man, she was really hung up on the whole Titanic thing.

The drive had taken nearly five hours, but they finally reached the harbor that the cruise ship was docked at.

As soon as they parked, Mabel excitedly jumped out of the car, grabbing her duffle bag.

Dipper grabbed his own bag, glad he could finally stretch his legs.

Ford and Stan grabbed their own bags and the four of them walked towards the large ship.

"Oh! I'm going to do the thing!" Mabel said as they approached the ship. Dipper looked at her confused as she ran up to the railing on the dock, then rolled his eyes as she began dramatically waving at the ship, despite not many people being on the deck.

"You look ridiculous." Dipper told her as she walked back to them.

Mabel laughed.

"I'm just having fun Bro-Bro, loosen up a little." Mabel said.

Dipper rolled eyes again but smiled. Sure, he didn't want to be there, but having Mabel around always made these kind of trips fun.

Dipper followed Ford, not really paying attention as they checked in and walked to their room.