The Boat

Dipper and Bill found themselves laying back at the end of the ship, staring at the stars.

"It's so beautiful." Dipper said in awe.

"It really is." Bill said, though he wasn't looking at the stars. Dipper didn't seem to notice Bill's eyes on him.

Bill didn't really like how cliche the whole thing was, but he really felt like this was love at first sight. Dipper was just so amazing, even if Bill had only really known him for a day, he had to resist the urge to kiss Dipper right then and there. He didn't want to rush things or make Dipper feel uncomfortable.

As they watched the sky, Mabel found them.

"Heys guys." Mabel said.

"Oh hey Mabel, what's up?" Dipper asked.

"I'm bored and the pool is closed, wanna play a game?" Mabel said.

"Depends, what kind of game?" Bill asked.

"Just Hide and Seek. I'll even be the seeker first if you want." Mabel offered. Bill looked at Dipper and grinned.

"What do you think Pinetree?" Bill asked. Dipper smiled.

"Alright. How much time do we get to hide?" Dipper asked.

"Let's say, five minutes. I'll head back to the room and you guys can hide anywhere on the ship except the engines and control rooms and stuff." Mabel said.

"Alright, you're on. If you can't find us in one hour then...you have to do a duet with Dipper and I on karaoke night." Bill said.

"That's seems more like a punishment for me than her." Dipper pointed out.

"You're on. And if I do find you guys, then I get to do Dipper's makeup every night for the rest of the cruise." Mabel said. Bill grinned.

"Deal." He said.

"Wait, those are both bad for me? Do I get a say in this?" Dipper asked. Mabel chose to ignore him.

"Oh and you guys have to hide together. If I only have one hour to search the ship it would take me all night to find the two of you in different spots." Mabel said. Dipper knew what Mabel was up to.

"Fine with me." Bill said.

"Alright, five minutes start as soon as I get back to the room." Mabel said, then she turned and ran back to their room.

"Where are we gonna hide?" Dipper asked. Bill grinned again.

"I have an idea." Bill said, before taking Dipper's hand and leading him across the deck to the side of the ship.

They stood at the railing next to one of the life boats that hung above the ocean, ready to launch in any case of danger.

Bill looked around to make sure no one was looking before lifting up the tarp that covered the top.

"Come on, she'd never think to look in here." Bill said. Bill climbed into the life boat and helped Dipper in.

Bill secured the tarp over the top of the boat to make it seem like it hadn't been messed with.

He laid down on the bottom of the lifeboat next to Dipper. They were so close that their shoulders were touching.

"Are we even allowed to be in this?" Dipper asked quietly.

"Probably not. But no one saw us get in." Bill said, "And she only said we couldn't go into the engine room and the control room."

"I suppose." Dipper said.