The Storm

Dipper had awoken to the sound of thunder.

He sat up, finding that he was laying on top of Bill. He felt the lifeboat they had fallen asleep in shaking madly in the strong wind.

Dipper rolled off of Bill and attempted to wake him.

"Bill, we have to go! I think they accidentally steered the boat into a storm!" Dipper said loudly, shaking Bill's shoulder.

Bill began to wake, sitting up groggily.

"Woah, sorry Pinetree, I didn't mean to let us fall asleep in here." Bill said casually, as though he hadn't noticed the storm yet.

Thunder roared again and Bill instantly had awoken fully.

"Pinetree, what's going on!?" Bill asked.

"A storm, I think. Help me get the tarp off." Dipper said. They pushed on the tarp but couldn't get it to budge.

"Fuck, they must have secured them when the wind started to pick up!" Bill guessed.

"And they didn't noticed the two boys asleep in them? Not to mention they didn't secure the lifeboat to the ship!?" Dipper asked.

"I don't know, we need to get out of here, the waves and wind could knock the lifeboat loose." Bill said. They continued to push on the tarp desperately, falling over several times due to the wind and vicious waves knocking the cruise ship around.

After several minutes of fighting with the tarp they managed to get it loose.

Dipper looked at the deck and saw no one was on it. It was the middle of the night and a storm blew wildly around them.

The wind had blown their lifeboat further from the cruise ship.

"I think we're going to have to jump!" Bill yelled over the wind.

"We could try and call for help?" Dipper suggested.

"They wouldn't hear us over the wind! I can barely even hear you!" Bill said.

"What if we don't make it!?" Dipper asked.

"We have to make it Pinetree!" Bill yelled. He pressed a quick kiss to Dipper's lips.

"I'll go first. I'll catch you!" Bill said.

Just as Bill went to turn the life boat lurched.

Dipper looked up and saw the hooks holding the life boat to the pulley system connected to the ship become unhooked.

Dipper and Bill both hung on to the life boat as it fell to the ocean surface. It landed roughly, nearly knocking them overboard.

"What do we do now!?" Dipper asked, panicking.

"I don't know! Maybe they'll notice. We need to stay in view of the ship!" Bill yelled over the wind.

A wave knocked the boat roughly, making them both fall to the floor of the lifeboat.

The rough waves began pushing them away from the cruise ship.

"Where's the oars!?" Dipper asked, panic evident in his voice.

"They must have fallen out!" Bill said, "It would have been no use anyway, we can't fight this storm!"

"What do we do!?" Dipper asked.

Bill was silent, his face sad.

"I don't know." Bill said. He looked around the lifeboat and found life jackets stored underneath one of the seats.