The Heartbeat

So sorry for the delay on this one. Yall know I have a hard time ending books. To the point that I literally wrote two endings for Blind Trust and used them BOTH. Hope you enjoy the final chapter of Stranded!

<><><><>

Dipper knew he was dead.

He knew it because there Bill was, standing right in front of him, kneeling down towards him.

"Pinetree, just breathe." Bill said.

Why would I breathe? I'm dead.

"Breathe Pinetree, you need to breathe. Everything is ok." Bill repeated.

Well, everything isn't exactly okay. We're dead.

"Please Pinetree. Just take a deep breath. Let yourself relax. You're safe Pinetree." Bill said.

I suppose death isn't so bad. At least I'm not in pain anymore.

Then, all at once, the pain came crashing down as Dipper felt Bill's hand touch his shoulder gently.

I...can feel..?

Dipper gasped, taking in a large amount of air.

"I'm...a-alive?" Dipper managed. Then he looked up at Bill, as if only just realizing he was there.

"Bill! You're alive!" Dipper cried. He used his good hand to hold Bill's face as tears ran down Dipper's own face.

"Yeah. I'm ok Pinetree. We're gonna be ok." Bill said, emotion edging in his voice as tears threatened to spill.

"When did you-"

"Why don't we get you back inside before we talk." Bill said, cutting Dipper off.

Bill attempted to sit up Dipper's wheelchair, but found that one of the wheels was bent. Bill shrugged and lifted Dipper in his arms, careful not to hurt Dipper further.

Dipper clung to Bill with his good arm. Once Bill was standing with Dipper in his arms, Dipper leaned in and pressed a long awaited kiss to Bill's lips, which Bill gratefully returned.

"I missed you." Bill whispered, their faces inches apart.

"I missed you too." Dipper whispered back. Dipper laid his head in the crook of Bill's neck as Bill carried Dipper back to the Shack.

"So, this is your place right?" Bill asked as they approached.

"Yeah." Dipper said, "Wait, how did you know I was out here?"

"Well, I honestly stopped at this tourist trap to ask for directions. I figured a small town like this, everyone would know each other. This was the first building in Gravity Falls I saw. When I got out of my truck I heard crying and...I just somehow knew it had to be you." Bill admitted. He carried Dipper up the steps of the Shack.

Dipper opened the door for Bill. As they stepped in they were greeted by Stan looking up from the front counter of the Mystery Shack.

"Oh, there you are Dipper. Mabel was about to send out a search party." Stan said. He turned towards the doorway and yelled,

"Hey Mabel! He's back!"

Dipper heard loud steps from upstairs.

"Who's your escort kid?" Stan asked.