The Silence

When Dipper woke up, it was nearly the middle of the day. He had slept in significantly later than he ever had, due to his sleep schedule being beyond messed up after being on the island for over a week.

Dipper didn't bother texting Mabel to help him get up. He didn't even want to get up. He just wanted to stay in bed all day.

He wanted to roll over on his side but wasn't able to, due to his messed up arm and leg.

He was able to reach for his headphones and cell phone, deciding to listen to some music.

Dipper stared at the ceiling as his playlist shuffled through song after song, spending what felt like hours laying in bed, not moving a muscle.

His heart ached at every song that even reminded him the slightest bit of Bill. He cried until he had no more tears left to cry. Staring at the ceiling of his room, he knew he was a complete mess, but he didn't care. It didn't matter anymore. Why did he need to worry about his appearance anymore? Bill was gone.

Dipper heard a knock at his door. He paused his music and leaned up on his good elbow.

"Hm?" Dipper questioned at the knock.

Mabel opened the door slowly.

"Hey bro-bro, you've been in bed all day, I was wondering if you wanted a change of scenery, or if you were hungry or needed to use the bathroom?" Mabel asked.

"I'm ok Mabel. Thank you." Dipper said.

"Then...how about some company?" Mabel offered.

Dipper sighed and scooted over on his bed, patting the spot next to him. Mabel laid down next to him.

Dipper offered Mabel an earbud and the two of them sat on Dipper's bed, in the dark, listening to depressing music.

It wasn't until another knock sounded that the two even moved. Dipper leaned up on his elbow again.

"Yeah?" Dipper called, pausing his music.

The door opened again and revealed long red hair. Wendy.

"Hey dude, wow, you look like shit." Wendy said, coming into the room. If anyone else had said it, Dipper would have been offended, but Wendy was a special case.

"Yeah, I feel like shit too. Come on, lay down and listen to depressing music with us." Dipper said. Wendy nodded and laid down on the bed with the Mystery Twins, Dipper now having to play the music out loud so all three of them could hear it.

The three of them listened in peace until there was another knock at the door, Soos, who also joined their depression session, laying on the ground next to the bed as there was no more room on the bed.

<><><><>

An hour later and not only had Waddles made his way into the room, but Stan and Ford had somehow also joined the group.

"I don't understand, what is this?" Stan asked as they kept silent while the sad songs played.

"Shhh, you're ruining it Grunkle Stan." Mabel whispered.

"I'm confused too. Why is the very feminine sounding boy singing about such depressing topics?" Ford asked.

"First of all, his name is Vic Fuentes and his voice is amazing. Second of all, that's kind of the point." Mabel said.

"Yeah...but why are we just sitting here in the dark?" Stan asked.

"It's called a breakdown. It helps you get your emotions out." Mabel said.