XIX

Lena's part

The meeting with Kara didn't help me to move on. I tried, I swear, but when I saw her in the bar I knew that I could never move on. She was too gorgeous, too kind and I loved her too much. And I was mad at her too. Because of the thing she said, because she broke up with me. I was mad, because she wanted to decide what was good and what wasn't good for me. I knew what was good for me. She. She was. But she made a choice. We both needed to live with that choice.

I didn't sleep a lot last night so I came to my office early in the morning. I sent Jess for coffee for me. When she came back she held a huge bouquet of flowers in front of herself with two hands. The lot of white plumerias hid her from me.

"Jess?" I looked at her confused. She tried to look at me between the white flowers.

"I'm sorry Miss Luthor. I left the coffee outside. Unfortunately I couldn't bring it with myself." She placed the bouquet on my desk. Yeah the flowers were beautiful, but I didn't understand the situation.

"What is this Jess?"

"Uhh... So... I didn't know whether you wanted to see this or not, but I decided to take this for you up."

"Because..."

"Because Kara Danvers sent you this bouquet and I didn't know that you two are in a good mood or you are still fighting, but this isn't my business. So I just bring this with myself." She talked so fast. She didn't want to hurt my privacy. Once at the beginning of our friendship with Kara, she was in my office and saw this flower on my table. I smiled softly but I remembered myself, that I was still mad at her.

"Thank you Jess." I thanked her and sat back at my desk. She ran out and ran back with my coffee. I smiled at her and said thank you before she walked out. I watched the flower for some minutes, trying to figure out what exactly I felt. I noticed a white card between the white petals.I frowned and took it out. I recognized the handwriting immediately. Kara's soft words looked at me.

Hi Lena! Thank you for yesterday's night. To be honest I don't remember it, but the bartender told me that you brought me home. I hope I didn't do anything bad. Thank you for bringing me home. You are my hero!

-Kara

For a moment really just for a moment I could feel her eyes on me. I didn't want to turn around in my chair to see the sky behind me, because if I felt right, and she was there... That would be so cute and so sweet and I couldn't stay mad at her, but I wanted to be.

If she really hasn't remembered for the night, she didn't remember our argument and maybe she didn't for Andrea and me.

For some weird reason the door opened and Alex walked into my office.

"Hi Le-" She cut her sentence off and frowned the way of the balcony. So she was there. I looked up to her surprised. I could feel when Kara flew away.

"Alex?"

"Lena, hi. I'm sorry to bother you." She looked at me again and walked to my desk. I pointed to the chair in front of it, but she shook her head. "I'm not staying too much." Thank God! It wasn't about that I didn't like Alex, it was about Kara. Alex reminded me of her and that wasn't good.

"How can I help you?" I asked softly. She usually wanted me to help with something.

"Oh, no! That's not about that. As you know, tomorrow Maggie and I will have a party on the day before our wedding. I know that you and Kara aren't together yet, but the invitation still exists. You can have a plus one, so bring who you want to." The surprise filled my body. A part of me totally forgot about the party. I remember Kara mentioned it, and at those times we would go together. I just noticed how long I was in silence, when Alex got up from the chair and looked at me.