Chapter 4

Customers who visited Kelly Crenshaw's shop that day felt that she was waiting for someone in particular. 

And indeed, she was. You can guess who.

Manny had been summoned by Mr Sanchez to fix a shelf in Julieta's room, for she had been making a lot of beautiful crafts at school, and wanted to display them in her room. He arrived there at the same time as he regularly did.

"Hola Kelly!" he greeted her, trying hard to not sound flirtatious. 

"Hola Manny! Hi tools!"

The tools greeted her too.

"What can I do for you today?" she asked.

"Uh, we need to fix a shelf at Senor Sanchez's," he said. "For Julieta," added Dusty and Stretch.

"Right-ho. I'll be right back!"

She went to find the supplies while Manny tried to think.

Kelly had greeted him the same way she had done all these years. Did she love him, or not? He had only one way to find out...

Soon, the orange-haired woman returned with the things he needed. "Here you go, Manny," she said.

"Gracias Kelly. Adios!" he said, and the tools repeated.

"Adios Manny!" she said- 

not before she felt his soft, wet lips peck her cheek. 

Kelly's face turned red with bashfulness. She watched him as he left with a smile on his face, a strange feeling pumping through her nerves. 

She was physically, mentally and emotionally attracted to Manny. In whatever she did, Manny was with her. He was truthful. She had had some arguments with him in the past, but he was open-hearted and always considerate towards other people's opinions, making him invulnerable to argument. 

"I really like you Manny," she thought. "But do you like me?"