Chapter 3 || An angry foe ||

The afternoon sun pierced through Ajax's eyes, orange lashes flutters open. A short shadow loomed over the body.

"Are you finally awake" a raspy voice demanded

"H..uh?" Ajax sat up muddled

"You passed out a few times after a scuffle with that Mondstadt Captain" the individual replied, his tone was harsh and blunt

Blinking a few times Ajax could make out the figure in front of him. A boy with medium-length black and teal hair stared at him. His outfit was rather colourful, from a white shirt to purple pants and many accessories, his eyes were the most notable. Strangely all the people he had counter so far had gleaming eyes full of energy. The same could not be said about him, eyes that revealed trauma and pain, no life to be found.

"Are you listening?" the gremlin questioned

"No, not really, could repeat what you said?" Ajax asked

"I am Xiao, Conquer of demons. I'm assuming your Tartaglia" Xiao raised an eyebrow

"Yes indeed," Ajax said standing up, he needed to put on his joyful Childe facade

"You're quite tiny to be the conqueror of demons. If I were to guess your age, I'd say about fifte-"

A bright green spear grazed Childe's cheek.

"Don't talk about my height" The Yaksha pulled out the jade spear.

"What will the conqueror of demons do? challenge me to a duel?" 

The idea of fighting the last yaksha, conquer of demons, a force to be wrecking with. All of these thoughts excited Childe, it's been close to a week since he fought an opponent. Before childe could finish his thought a sharp tingling sensation spread throughout his body. He dropped to his knees, his whole body was shaking. His breath became shaky and a growing pain spread through his body. He clenched his hands into fists. As the intensity of the pain grew, the ginger dug his fingernails deep into his palms.

"Disobey again and you'll be shocked even more" the raspy voice ordered.

As Xiao took his finger off of the button, Childe lost his grip and fell from his knee onto the cold floors of the palace. Struggling to catch his breath, Childe was trembling from the initial shock.

"Get up you miserable mortal." Growled the green man.

As ordered Childe got up from the ground. The aching pain in his bones had returned and so did the need for rest.

A wave of realization hit Alatus.

"Master morax won't like this..." Xiao muttered, thankfully he was somewhat out of earshot of Childe. 

 He was ordered by Morax himself to seek out Tartaglia after Captain Kaeya failed to have a tranquil exchange with the eleventh. Frankly, Xiao had no clue what Emperor Mora saw in this fellow. The head of the military of an enemy nation, a spy stationed in Liyue to assassinate Lord Rex Lapis. Yet, still peaked his interest. The mind of the Lord of Geo was rather strange. Ruling over a beautiful nation, having one of the most gorgeous women in all of tevyat by his side... However, the ginger racial was rather

"Beautiful"

As the emperor phrased it. He said he saw a beautiful shade of blue in the eyes of Childe. A dark blue that could be found rolling in waves crashing into warm yellow sand. Slowly closing his eyes, Xiao thought. "Gold and blue do look nice mixed together."

"However, a certain bard's music feel better.." soft words escaped from the Guardian Yaksha's mouth