𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟶𝟷𝟶: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚘𝚍𝚢

Today was indeed a long and busy day. The two bullies who usually pick on me, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin had continued their usual unfunny jokes about us all, which brought the mood down a bit.

But the good news is that we all were able to find the perfect rock for Lucas's wrist rocket. But today's the day to continue with the plan. We're all currently riding home to pick up Eleven, or El, so we can hopefully find Will.

"Think she'll be able to read a watch?" I heard Dustin ask.

Silence...

"Nice to know my best friends are brick walls."

"She'll be able to read it, I told her what time to meet us." Mike responded.

Silence overcame the group again. It continued for almost five minutes before we finally made it to the power lines and see El waiting there, staring at something.

I cleared my throat before speaking.

"El.." I called out to her.

She turned quick but her expression seemed a bit different. She almost looked a bit scared but I wasn't going to question her about it.

"We only have a few more hours." Mike said as he patted his bike.

El walked over and sat behind him before you all began to ride off to continue this search for Will.

"The police are gonna be pissed about this." I said aloud.

"About El? Or about us looking for Will?" Lucas asked.

"Both." I told him. "Bad people are after El, but the police don't know that. If they find her and give her back to them while knowing that we're looking for Will, we're screwed."

"Not to mention they'll tell our moms too." Dustin said.

"They won't find out, we won't let them." Mike says.

"Or you know what? What's even worse is that we don't know what the bad people look like either. And seeing how El described them as killers, if they see us with her, they'll possibly kill is." I said.

"Oh shit you're right. Because we've seen her powers and they'll think we'll spread the word about them hurting her." Dustin said.

"Ding ding ding." Lucas says.

I go a bit faster to the point I'm right next to Mike. I make eye contact with El.

"Eleven, I know you're not much of a talker, but you're the only one who knows what those bad people look like." I tell her. "Do you think you can maybe let us know if you see them so we can all escape with you?"

Eleven says nothing but nods as I began to slow down to the point I'm in the middle of Lucas and Dustin. Silence overcame us all as we continued this journey.

About 20 minutes pass by before our legs start to get tired from all the peddling and we started walking.

I can hear Mike and Eleven talking about the two assholes who make fun of us. I stayed in the back with Dustin and Lucas as those two continued their conversation.

"Well look at that." Lucas says.

"I don't see a problem." Dustin says.

"Me neither, but I can tell she has a good heart seeing how she's willing to listen to Mike's story and ask him why Troy and his buddy pokes at us."

"I just don't want him getting off topic." Lucas says.

"Nobody's gonna get off topic, we've been following the trail for almost 30 minutes, Lucas. I'm sure Mike remembers we're here to find Will." I say back.