The News

Reader POV ~

I was walking around on patrol with Pieck, she's been my friend for as long as I can remember. We was both training together when we still wore yellow armbands but that was 8 years ago now. We was only 10 when we was injected with that serum, and having to eat someone who had helped me train to be the warrior I have grown to be, was awful.

As we were patrolling we started to see a group of men ahead surrounding a newspaper, they were celebrating the victory of the Marley army over Fort Salva, the news stand started to sway from them jumping and leaning on it.

We walked towards the stand and another man in a black suit and blue tie walked into me, he was reading the paper so you presumed he came from the group of men you saw, "Hey, will you watch where your going" the man snarked at me, we both bent down to pick up the paper but I picked it up first, "you was the one with you head buried in the damn thing" I commented back. We both looked at each other and he looked miserable, you looked into his eyes and there was no emotion, no joyousness about him, I was confused since I know he knows the incredible news.

He snatched the paper out of my hands and looked me up and down, "Tch" he mumbled under his breathe Pieck looked him in disgust, "don't disrespect your warriors, have you seen our bands." His face returned to a neutral gaze and looked at mine and Piecks arms, "I thought not" she looked at his arm and noticed something, "Your an Eldian. I can see it in your eyes, but where's your band?" She said in a less aggressive tone. He turned to look at me in the eyes once again, his eyes squinted slightly then he just walked away with no response.

Me and Pieck turned around and watched him clench the paper in his hand and walked away slowly, Pieck held my shoulder and I turned my head to look at her, she nodded her head in the direction we was already walking and we carried on the route of our patrol.

Jean POV ~

Damn it, I nearly blew my cover. Those damn girls got to close to me. I turned around and watched them walk away. I dashed around a corner making sure I still was not spotted by any of these Marleyans and quickly made my way to the outskirts of town, I walked into a near forest and to a small cabin hidden between some trees.

I walked into the sound of everyone bickering, they hadn't even noticed I walked in yet. I slammed the door shut and all their attention turned to me, "They defeated Fort Salva," I said chucking the paper onto the table they were all crowed around and took of my hat placing it on the coat rack. "I ran into two of there warriors both female." I told them and Levi marched over to me. "We told you to be careful of the Marleyan people around, did we not?" He said looking up at me, he might be small but he could still beat any of our asses, "I was, they ran into me. But still that miscounts the number of Titans" I questioned walk over to the table. I sat down on the closet chair and the rest took a seat. "Eren, you said there was 9; Armoured, Female, Colossal, Attack, War Hammer, Beast, Cart, Jaw and the Founding. We have 3 of them here, Annie's still in Crystal and you said the War Hammer is part of a family away which makes 5 Titans already, but while I was out there, I saw 5 warriors. Reiner, Zeke, another blonde and 2 females." They all looked at me confused and in shock, wondering how they could be 10 and not 9 like we had originally thought.

"Are you sure you saw 5?" Eren questioned me, I darted my gaze at him, of course he would be the one to question my judgement, "I saw 5 and I know they are all warriors, the 2 we already knew where have a conversation with and about the blonde on being the Jaw Titan. And the girls told me to my face they were both warriors. I'm not wrong shithead" I sat my gaze back at the rest of them and sat back in my chair they all looked around at each other and Hange stood to her feet. "Before you came in we was talking about Eren going in, so think it's a good idea others think not." She turned her head to Mikasa, "Because it's not! We can't send Eren in, he is the most wanted out of all of us!" They started to argue again I just sat with my hand in my head and watched them bicker.

"ENOUGH!" Yelled someone else, a hand slammed on the table and Eren shot up, "I'm going in Mikasa. End of discussion" she tried defending her argument again, "I SAID END OF DISCUSSION! Eren yelled at her, I could see the sadness in her eyes as they started to well up, she closed her eyes and nodded to the look back at Eren. We all sat around that night discussing our plan of attack, there were multiple ideas and we end with Eren goes in for a week as an injured soldier stopping himself from healing and then coming back with a report leaving without harming anyone.
But a week later... that plan changed.