Uncontrolled

The day is slow when there is nothing to focus upon. Many days she spends her time mulling over the current situation she was thrown into. Other days she spent an overload of time contemplating and combing her mind to think of reasons she'd be hunted for. It makes no absolute sense to her. She finds it hard to understand why she was held in prison so long and even harder to understand why her family was killed. Why is she here, now?

Occasionally, when she goes off to the market she asks questions about what happened years ago, if anyone knew of anything big happening. No one really speaks to her, they just give her supplies and send her on her way. They seemingly know nothing about the past few years, which makes her inquiry's hard. She can't give out her name in fear of being hunted further.

For a while she spent time trying to make the cabin more homey and fix up what is wrong with it. That has run into a wall and died real quick because being able to get some materials is close to impossible. There is broken window that is irreparable by herself and her skillset spare for the tarp that she taped over it.

Adelaide has; however, found a way to keep herself busier since that died. She masks her scent and stalks the troops, small groups of warriors, and trackers sent to find her. She spends large amounts of time watching and listening to hear if they have any information as to why she's being chased. Of course, to no avail she's left in the dark as always. She still listens, just in case there is a day that they give her something. Most of what she hears is talk about their King and what their mates are like.

She frowns pulling at pieces of her long braid to even out the loops. Her arms fall silently to her side softly resting at the edge of the water basin, peering carefully at the work she's done to her braid after cutting her hair down. It was starting to get long to pass her waist and it needed to be trimmed, but she's too much of a chicken to cut it to her shoulders so mid back is what she does.

It is quiet outside, something she has become accustomed to, the quiet and serene around her. It is a vast difference from the screams and moans in those cells all those years ago. Memories and nightmares of that place will likely haunt her for the remainder of her life. The scars will most definitely stay as years have passed and the white lines still mar her skin.

It'll be weeks before she needs to return to the market. For a brief amount of time, the troops and Royal trackers were gone so she did a bit of hunting catching a larger amount of food so she could remain in hiding a bit longer. She made the most of her kills and food by drying it and making jerky, things like that. Smart stashing is what she calls it, doing the best with what she has remaining.

Then out of the blue the warriors and trackers come back with ruthless force, they search day and night combing through packs and packs. This has her worried, so she conned a kinder witch to mask her area. Not really conned, but went in search of and gained services of...

Esme is an exiled witch who of course tries to get on by helping wolves. She is helpful in Adelaide's case so there isn't much to be said bad about her. Esme was a small woman but unlike her sisters she had been in a coven with, she glows blue rather than the gold that witches are legend for.

More significantly is that Esme is difficult to contact, she was elusive to stay out of the hands of those who would keep her to themselves. She sought out Adelaide though from the merchant in the market, and Esme was sympathetic to her cause. Hiding from others was in fact something she has become an expert on over the years.

How it works is that as soon as they come close to the cabins land they think they've looked over that area and then all return. It has been working quite nicely.

"Don't hide forever, you'll die young from stress." Esme once so sincerely said not intentionally coming off so rude. It was true though, Adelaide was so stressed about every situation that she knew she can't live like this forever. Her service has at least given her some reprieve.