Stars

Any day spent in the library is time well spent to Adelaide. She can't sit still and plump up like her doctor wants of her, despite the fact that she's made significant progress. You can see less of each disk in her spine against her skin. That's good progress, at least that's what Thomas says in training.

She is always going going going, after Kieran helped her get into training it's becoming a regular activity for her. She's making genuine progress to strengthen herself properly and condition her body. Her doctor doesn't want her straining her body, and with the potential that her wolf would shift in training has Hadley uneasy. However, Adelaide has no intention of stopping. Daciana has managed her control well, and there's no reason for Adelaide to doubt her wolf now.

She's received much judgement from most of the noble wolves around the Summit. Hadley has been kind and hasn't bat an eye at her status or anything. Hadley cares about the wellbeing of her patients. Kieran, Acer, Thomas, and the guys have all adopted her into their mixed band of people which has made her feel as if a part of something. None of the people which surround her care, most know that she was a rogue of good intentions and bad practice within a pack.

The looks that the wolves of the Summit give her though, all are based on her appearance and scent. To her it's almost like being sent to slaughter. They see her as the imposter, which is partially true, other than that she was brought here. She still has the residual scent of a rogue which earns her all the more distasteful stares. Kieran says that she doesn't smell awful, since she was a well kept female on her own. She didn't hang about the foul smelling men that prowl about the neutral grounds. Once more mentioning she was never a wolf of ill intent.

She doesn't mind the looks because she doesn't care how they see her. Then looking at her in disdain is nothing like the pain of a whip, she feels nothing when they judge her. So why should she care if they aren't harming her?

Her release and relaxation is time spent with the Royal Beta and Gamma, or the warriors. Otherwise, she spends her time working at therapy with Dr. Hadley or the library researching anything and everything.

Recently, she's experienced some odd encounters within the library though. Not unenjoyable, just not what she was prepared for.

•••

A shoulder knocks into Adelaide as she replaces a book she had finished from the week before, one of many. She startles losing her balance briefly causing her to grab onto the ladder like her life depends on it. She doesn't want to fall to the floor with all the books tucked under her arm. Some books in need of returning and others shes found to replace the previous ones.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Roman takes a step back in an attempt to be less of an intrusion for her. He knew what he was doing as he knocked into her, he just wants to have more time to talk. The ball was so short and there's no time for him as King to talk to one person all night long. Let alone try and address her personally.

She was quiet at the ball, too quiet. He much enjoyed her company then and he found her natural beauty breathtaking. Kieran had explained many times that if he held any interest he must be serious. Something about not breaking her heart once again.

Honestly, he found her at Shadowcrest only intending to catch sight of her. He failed to ask the questions about her existence, what quality it was.

"Oh." She places a hand over her pumping heart. "I was about to leave, I should get going." She situates her small stack of books while lifting her body from the ladder which she pinned herself against when he bumped her. Gently she pulls herself off and shakes out her legs giving the King a small wobbly curtsy. Hours of her time were spent just deciding what was appealing to read after the good selections from the week before. Nothing stood out so much as to read, interesting ideas and fun looking covers though. Eventually, she's narrowed it down to 4 books.