Bodies

"Adelaide?" Kennedy's sickly sweet voice calls out as I lounge on the hammocks by the garden eating my breakfast fruit bowl. My first spoon full was almost in my mouth when she interrupts. I almost lose it on her, I am hangry. From every experience around and she has heard of Kennedy this little attempt is not worth her time.

"Yes?" Adelaide asks with her mouth full, she could care less about looking like a 'lady'. It would just delay her enjoyment of eating this beautiful acai bowl. Adelaide doesn't receive an answer as Kennedys heels clack against the stone walkway to where Adelaide sits.

"Dear me, remember to stand in the presence of someone superior to you." Kennedy so kindly reminds which makes Adelaide want to slice through her that much more. "I just want you to know, the King may dally with your likes... but he will always come back to the woman who is truly meant for him. Enjoy your time in the sun for now." Kennedy smiles sickly sweet before taking her cowardly opportunity to leave quickly.

"Kennedy... I truly hope that your face doesn't look like that when you enjoy the Kings company. It really allows one to understand why he would dally with the likes of me." Adelaide made sure to shove a whole spoonful of food into her mouth just to make it burn even more disrespectfully into her skin. The woman will likely find some reason to go crying to her father or even the King about how awful the lady names Adelaide is.

Adelaide makes sure to finish her bowl quickly after the interaction. She wastes no time making her way to the kitchens to return her dishes. When she has the opportunity to come down after every last checkup with Hadley she can see the changes that are ordered for her diet. Lately they have all been good, and this one seems to have changed to a lot more hardy foods.

"Miss, the Royal Beta would like to see you in the offices." One of the men assigned to working the government hall addresses Adelaide. He smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes which doesn't bother Adelaide much but makes her feel bad that he doesn't appreciate his job.

"Thank you, I will promptly make my way up. Do enjoy a cup of tea or some biscuits. You don't need to accompany me." Adelaide knew that he was sent to ensure that she made her way there, that she came immediately. She has no other activities to partake in, so whatever drama the boys have will be sufficient enough to keep her busy.

"What?" Adelaide asks entering the private offices of Kieran and Acer. Kieran stands to welcome her but from the look she's putting off he sits right back down.

"We wanted to ask if you wanted to go train." Acer explains quickly, it's an odd feeling for them to fear a female. The only person they really every had to fear was their King. Acer had to fear his mate sometimes, but mostly their King.

"Sorry, I'll come train. Gives me something to do." Adelaide grumbles throwing herself back into the chair in front of Kieran's desk. The chair skitters back with the force she throws into her body's movement.

"Adelaide... is there something wrong?" Kieran mumbles trying not to make it obvious that they've noticed her anger.

"Nothing." She snaps back and he puts his hands up showing her he's innocent and just concerned. There are multiple topics truly running through her mind, the foremost being Kennedy but she took care of that so it isn't worth bringing up. "Fine. The doctor has moved my shifting date again. My wolf is restless, and I feel like a useless wolf being confined to this form."

"When has she set the date?" Acer asks softly rounding his desk to lean against it. His intent is to make her feel more safe. To appear vulnerable so that they can help, it's awful when she pushes them away. It's a reminder for them all, where she's come from. They all understand why she is the way she is, but they appreciate whatever she trusts them with.