King Kieran

"Do tell, what you are doing that requires your full attention here instead of with the arriving piranhas?" Kieran pushes through my doors causing me to jump at the sudden intrusion. He cackles a bit before coming over to inspect what I'm actually doing.

"I'm fixing the seating chart. A couple cancellations and everyone's upset about where they are for the ceremony." I grumble erasing and moving names so that no one truly cares where they are because they'll be happy. "It's stupid." All they should care and pay attention to is that they were invited at all.

"They can all file in. First come, first serve. Come on, you must come with me." Kieran grabs my arm gently pulling me from my chair and hauling me over his shoulder to carry me wherever he pleases.

I almost cry out to argue about his idea of organization which would cause even more uproar. "I do not like this form of transport." I grumble pulling down the cocktail dress I was forced to wear to greet guests. Kieran demanded we wear nothing special but the elders wouldn't have it. "My ass is hanging out for the nation to see."

"At least their last sight is a good one." Kieran grumbles continuing on his way. I'm sure he is insinuating that if they look they'll die, which is a bit cruel. Maybe he shouldn't carry me and he won't have to kill anyone?

"Kieran." I warn and he groans long before stopping and setting me right once again. I shake out my legs grateful to be on the ground again.

"That does not mean we aren't rushing." Kieran takes off at a speed walk that could give g forces. I laugh but try my hardest to keep up especially in the heels I was forced to put on my body. "Where are you going?!" He whispers to me as I turn and try to make a run for it.

"Hell, most likely." I answer without turning to see the unimpressed look on his face. "Fuck that thing, I'm running away."

"What?!" Kieran questions coming up behind me grabbing my arms turning me to look at him. He wasn't mad just anxious looking. I think that he still worries that I will leave.

"Want to come with?" I ask guilty that I was actually thinking about just ditching him here to do all this work on his own.

"Uh, yeah?" He answers matter of factly which just makes me shake my head. "But we can't, you're coming with me." He takes the opportunity to throw me over his shoulder once more. I am not the fondest of this form of travel to be honest.

"No no no, I'm already queen! I don't need to!" I pound my hands against his back but he doesn't let up. He laughs at my attempts to get out of this and when he puts me on the ground again just around the corner from the main courtyard.

"Be good." He waves his finger like a parent and I grumble agreeing to be good or whatever. We take our time walking to where the vehicles park still running waiting to be greeted. I think seeing all of these vehicles is the moment it sinks in that I have to face all the judgemental nobles once more.

"Ah! Alpha Lee, welcome to the Summit!" And with that greeting we get swept up in the chaos of the ceremony, greeting, I had to meet with the priestess, Myrram, Ivory, and all other people who are important in some way.

All of today leads us to now, to the moment where I stand at the top of the stone platform that leads over the water of the lake. A lake that once accepted me. The throne of the King sits empty at the center of the platform and a table off to the side with all of the components that were used for me when I became Queen. I did not sit upon a throne in mine though.

I spot Acer and Verilee at their spots close to mine. I take my time wandering over. I don't know how to approach Verilee anymore, is she even a trusted friend? I know she feels I don't belong anymore so where should that put us?