lycan

•Adelaide•

I feel heavy, like I hadn't slept in days and then I finally slept for a couple hours. I felt like a stone weighing down the bed. My body is stiff and sore just stretching my limbs made every joint pop unanimously.

I look through the room but nothing, my mate is no where to be seen. I expected to be sore after shifting for the first time in a while but he also marked me on the same day. I felt stronger but so overworked today.

I'm a Lycan now.

Roman

Yes mate?

Where are you? I need to talk with you.

Meeting. We can talk later.

Roman I just woke up from you marking me. Why can't we talk now?

Busy.

I growl out in frustration, I don't want to be needy, but no normal wolf has a transformation into a Lycan overnight. That is saved for the royals.

I swing my feet to the floor and make the effort to stand allowing all my body to readjust. I need to see what I look like now. I've seen portraits of past queens before and after their transformation and it's astonishing how different they become.

My feet shuffle to the long mirror in our walk in closet. I take a long look at myself, my black hair somehow grew longer overnight and my eyes become brighter. No longer are my eyes just the dark stormy grey they're lighter more thoughtful grey. The kind of color you'd like a compassionate Luna to be blessed with.

My body is thinner making my muscles pop out more, the curves I never really had show now. I went from a board to a woman that fills out well, so healthy looking. Goddess really did a number on her, it's a benefit of being a Royal I guess. Though I feel like I'm still fat. Deidre would see me and complain about my new measurements and how fat it makes me now. I'm sure Roman will force me to be refitted once more. I don't want to do that again, one because of money, and two because I never feel good about wearing clothes ever.

Feelings of resentment towards my mate rise as I remember he's not even here to experience this. We'll 'talk later', whatever that means. I know the elders, they wouldn't care if he stepped out for me, especially this. Hell, the elders would encourage him to be here for me. Nope, it's more important that he does what he's doing right now.

I grit my teeth as I decide on making myself an outfit to wear out to the training grounds, maybe something more showy because who gives a shit about what Roman thinks right now. I need something to fix my anger which won't stop building. Roman who is normally sweet and caring just doesn't seem to care at all today.

I feel the soreness but a quick workout won't do me too bad and it might even work through most of the lactic acid build up I have right now.

My walk to the training grounds was uninterrupted even though my stomach made it known I was hungry. I couldn't find the will to stop and eat and then work out.

"Addi! You look amazing!" Kieran sees me first giving me the once over. I smile at that, the only person other than my wolf to give me a compliment. "I'm surprised Roman let you leave the room. I figured you'd be held up there for days making babies."

"He was busy and couldn't see me this morning." I answer simply before beginning my stretching. There was no more discussion as Kieran can sense I'm disgruntled. I can see Kieran take note to give Roman a piece of his mind as well. Just to inform him of what not to do to your mate, which he screwed up.