𝙂𝙊𝙊𝘿 𝘽𝙔𝙀

————————————

————————————

"KEISUKEEEEE!!" I screamed as I watched Baji stab himself and collapse onto the ground. I held him close in my shaking arms, crying heavily with Chifuyu by my side.

"Baji-kun... Why?" Takemichi asked. "What were you trying to achieve...?"

"Takemichi... Come closer," Baji said. "Kisaki is the enemy. I found that out back when Pah stabbed Osanai. 'I'll get Pah out of prison. In exchange, make me the Third Division Captain.' I just happened to catch Kisaki proposing that to Mikey. But, Kisaki is not our Third Division Captain! Toman was formed... by the 6 of us... so no matter what happens... Pah is the only captain of the Third Division. Pah-chin. Mitsuya. Draken. Mikey. Kazutora. Toman's founding members... are my treasure." Baji started crying. "I wanted to fix this on my own. But I couldn't... and ended up dying on my own. Mikey has no reason to kill Kazutora..."

A great tremor took over me, causing my grief to pour out with a flood of tears. My throat tightened as I bowed my head, and I wondered if hearing my sobs made Baji's heart break. This heartache was intolerable for me, because we all know what's going to happen next. Baji is going to die.

Panting, the dark-haired teen continued talking. "Takemichi. You remind me of Shinichiro-kun in a way. Mikey... Toman... I'm leaving them... in your hands!!"

"Don't. Baji-kun. DON'T SAY THAT!!" Takemichi yelled. The tears were pouring out, his fists were shaking, and his body was trembling.

"Y/n..." Hearing my name, Baji used some of the last strength he had left in him to cup my face gently with his hand, as if I was the most fragile thing that ever belonged to him. I put my hand on his. "You're the most valuable treasure to me."

I tried to wipe away my tears, but looking like a mess was inevitable. "Remember... that day..." I tried to speak, but my voice was cracking with each word. "When... we said those 3 words... at the playground... and before that... I got into a fight with my parents?"

"Yeah..." Baji smiled.

"Let's break up." When I heard Baji say those 3 words, I felt like killing myself. I couldn't cry, I couldn't be mad, I could only listen as he continued. "I'm a delinquent. Being with me only puts yourself in danger. After all, that one time where you got beat up by Hanma was too much for me to handle. So... for your safety... we should -"

"My Dad told you this... didn't he?" I mumbled, looking down. The anger boiled in me.

"Uhm... Well..."

Not even wanting to hear the answer, I ran back home, leaving Baji to stand there. As soon as I reached the familiar residence, I slammed the door open and let out all the tears I had been holding in.