𝘚𝘌𝘓𝘍𝘓𝘌𝘚𝘚 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌

a/n: surprise shawty

this is my "apology chapter" to my beautiful readers who have made my day so many times. i'm writing and publishing this the day baji's death gets animated, and i really don't want any more pain, so this is my gift to you to make up for all the sadness and depression in tokyo revengers, and also for the fact that almost every baji fanfic i read ends with a sad, angsty ending. this is my original version of an alternate ending, pls enjoy.

Y/N's POV

October 30, 2005

Why does Takemichi want to meet up with me and Chifuyu... I thought as I walked along the city sidewalk to his house at 9 PM in the night.

My eyes were half-lidded, as if I had only 4 minutes of sleep for the whole day. But, I wasn't tired. The truth was that I was crying earlier. After Baji not talking to me at all for 3 or 4 days, I found out he quit Toman to join the enemy gang, Valhalla. He didn't tell me anything, but rather, he avoided me.

"You don't have to fight by yourself," I repeated unconsciously.

I had said that earlier as I had my breakdown, but it was no use. Baji was a stubborn boy who wasn't willing to listen. I thought I was his girlfriend. I am his girlfriend, right? So, why did I not stay by his side? Why did I not support him when he joined Valhalla? I feel like such a bad girlfriend. Maybe I am one.

"Y/n's here," Chifuyu said as he noticed me. He was standing outside Takemichi's front door with his hands in his pockets.

"Y/n..." Takemichi's tone told me he knew I had been crying.

"What is it?" I asked bluntly. "Let's get this meetup over with, so I can go home..."

Instead of bringing me inside, Takemichi and Chifuyu hugged me. Gosh, I didn't wanna cry again... but their hug was so comforting. It felt supportive and warm, taking away the loneliness I had felt earlier.

"We're here for you, y/n. So, don't cry. Don't feel sad."

"We're your friends."

I hugged them back, genuinely thankful for their solace. After a few minutes of deep silence in the hug, they pulled away, and Takemichi brought us inside. We went up to his bedroom, I sat on the floor, Chifuyu sat on his bed, and Takemichi took a seat in his chair.

"I... I have something important to talk to you about," Takemichi said, fiddling with his fingers like he was nervous. "And I know it's late, but better late than never."

"What is it, Takemitchy?"

I was quiet, bored, and tired. I could only stare at Takemichi with my lazy, half-lidded expression, because I felt depressed. I didn't feel any excitement in this meetup. I just wanted to get this over with.