Chapter Nine - That Tuesday: A Tale of Burning Drapes and Glitter Bombs

My brain at one in the morning while I'm trying to write: No te vayas. Si me dejas. Si te alejas de mi. Seguirás en mis recuerdos para siempre. Para siempre, para siempre Para siem— Para siem— Para siempre...

Also me: Stop trying to sing In The Heights! There are people sleeping!

There are quite a few references in this chapter. And a bit of foreshadowing.

And before you ask, yes. I did get permission to reference the four characters that I referenced. The multiverse is a never ending place full of discoveries and possibilities.

I made the art work above.

Oh and be prepared for a very long list of shoutouts at the end of the chapter, as well as a very important authors note. (I swear it could almost be its own chapter!)

Freddie's POV.

It seems that after covering the anti Cybermat infestation and invasion camera system, mum had helped a small group of people sneak them into the house. My eyes widened when I saw who was in the small group of people. Aunt Dorothy, aunt Melanie, aunt Nyssa and auntie Tegan, were sitting together on the couch drinking tea. 

I wanted to ask how they managed to plan this without something going horribly wrong. Last time the whole family was together, aunt Melanie's drapes were set on fire. Believe it or not, Kate got the blame for that one because she left us, Adric the second and I, "unsupervised". My cousin hates being called Adric the second. It is the funniest thing. He also hates being called the hyperactive demon child, so naturally, Kate always calls him the hyperactive demon child.

Before I could ask where the hyperactive demon child that was Adric the second was hiding, I was tackled to the ground, hitting the living room rug with a "Wumph". 

It's a funny word wumph. According to John Hunt, wumph is a sound caused by a falling object. And yes, I looked that up. It's a fun word to say. Wumph. Wumph. Wumph. WumphWumph. Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph.

I'll stop now.

The hyperactive demon child, who had chosen the form of a human before calling out of the depths of tartarus, gave a shocked cry as we fell, landing on top of me in a tangle when his sneak attack failed. 

"Happy birthday!" He yelled face first into the carpet. 

"Adric, get off!" I attempted to shove Adric the second away but it didn't work very well.

Aunt Dorothy, who had stood as soon as Adric ran into the room, laughed at our struggle before helping me to my feet. She smiled, pulled me into a hug. "Happy birthday Fred!"

"Thanks." I blew a strand of curls out of my face. 

"I heard you got to go studying abroad with the Professor." Aunt Dorothy said with her classic smirk.

"Yeah I did actually." I turned to aunt Peri and asked, "Did you ever eat the popcorn?"

Aunt Peri laughed. "No, we didn't even watch the movie."

"What popcorn?" Aunt Nyssa asked as mum asked, "What movie?"

"There's popcorn?" As soon as aunt Nyssa spoke, Adric's head popped up from behind the couch. I have no idea how he got behind the couch, but I do know that he looked like a meerkat. 

Auntie Tegan took the opportunity and ruffled his hair. "No sweetie, although I'm sure aunt Sarah has some somewhere in the kitchen. Maybe you can make some later."