CHAPTER VII - THEREFORE I AM

'wrap it before you tap it

'wrap it before you tap it.'

Once again I found myself squished into the back of Stiles jeep, only a slight breeze pouring in through the small opening of the passenger window and my legs cramped into the front seats with the seatbelt constricting me to the chair. Scotty had called shotgun, a rather annoying smile spread across his face as he did and if you couldn't already tell, I wasn't very happy about it.

I was sat in my room music blasting through the speakers as I sang along to the words when Stiles practically gave me freaking heart attack barging into my room, the opening door almost hitting me directly in the face and he was followed by an apologetic looking Scott.

After asking how they got in, a look opposite of confusion plastered my face, the mole covered boy having a small metallic key just like he did for Scott's house. The fact I'm itself should have creeped me out, his ability to walk into my room whenever he wanted but considering it was Stiles, it was nothing out of the ordinary.

I quickly shoved a pill bottle into the bedside drawer, the wooden furniture slamming shut with a rather loud click and received a questioning looks from both boys. I didn't want them to know, the worry that comes along would be almost overbearing and I really didn't feel like having their eyes on me every second of the day. It had been an easy lie, the words slipping straight from my tongue as I covered it up, girl stuff being the awkward untruthfulness.

They explained to me how Scott had visited Derek, the blue eyed wolf offering some rather smart advice, Scott having to go back to the bus, the one from his rather lucid dream and his memories of what happened would come back. The Jeep drove slowly, only a few above the speed limit down the all to familiar roads that led to hell on earth. The place being more commonly known as school.

The car ride was short and silence was the only thing filling the air, tension feeling thick as we were all anxious, the tapping of Stiles fingers heard against the steering wheel and the tapping of the werewolves foot. None of us spoke, clueless of what to say or how to approach the delicate situation. We arrived at the school, the blue vehicle pulling to a halt as we clambered out. Our footsteps being heard against the concreted ground.

We all approached the gate, the high metalled fence coming into view that lead to the bus lot. It was still wardened off, police tape still evident but still the space was seemingly empty of law enforcement or security. Both boys placed their hands against the cool metal, gripping it tightly as they started to climb the obstacle.

"No. Just me. Somebody needs to keep watch." Scott said, his voice startling me slightly as he broke the silence for the first time that night, his words causing Stiles to jump down from the little of the fence he had climbed and look over at the boy.

"Well Li can keep watch." He said as if it was obvious, his hands gesturing to where I stood, only a metre behind the two with my arms crossed over one another.