Chapter 15

"I am not an optimist, but a great believer of hope"
-Nelson Mandela

Y/n and techno walked into the yard of a big house, almost palace like. The walls were a very light beige contrasting with the dark oak door.

'Our new residence' y/n said and opened the door after unlocking it with some tools.

Techno walked after her into a big hall with a staircase at the back of the room. The stairs split in two directions midway throw the wall, leading to the south and north wing of the place.

Then they walked inside the kitchen to unload all the items they had gotten from the store which was enough to last them a couple of weeks.

Y/n and techno decided that she will take the fridge and freezer and he will deal with the cabinets. Only the kitchen of the place was bigger than techno's entire living room.

'Wanna make something?' Y/n asked as she closed the fridge door.

'Make what?' Techno said still putting a few items in.

'Food, maybe pasta' she shrugged.

'Sure, what type?' he said and closed two of the cabinet doors.

'What do you think about toasted ravioli?' She smiled.

'Sounds good' he replied after a moment. 'With Italian salad?'

'Absolutely' y/n got up and started taking things out of the fridge.

Meanwhile techno got out a few pans and dishes as well as a few bowls and cups. He placed them down and walked over to y/n who moved her hair behind her shoulders.

'What do I do?' he asked and lightly clapped his hands.

'Make croutons and cut vegetables' y/n replied.

She grabbed one of the bowls and got the flour from her side measuring a bit and pouring it into the bowl.

'What type?' techno went over to the ingredients.

'The tomatoes and peppers, add something else if you want or remove something' she replied.

'How about red onion and cucumber?' He suggested and looked for a cutting board.

'Oh that sounds good' she smiled and got back to making the ravioli dough.

Y/n poured some flour on the counter and made a small well in which she poured the eggs and started slowly stirring the dough.

'What possessed you to do that?' Techno sighed.

'It's easier than a bowl' she replied and got put foil.

She wrapped the dough in it and left it in the corner. She wiped the counter and set a 30 minute timer on her phone.

'Should I make the filling now or later?' She looked over to techno who was still cutting vegetables.

'I wanted to make the filling' he said and his shoulders slightly dropped.

'Sure thing baby, you can do it' she sighed and pushed herself on top of the counter.

'Where did the pet name come from?' he chuckled almost unnoticeably.

'What? No?' She replied nearly disgusted. 'I am mocking you, I am calling you a baby'

'Oh' he said and pushed the cucumber and tomatoes from the cutting board into the bowl. 'That's reassuring'

'Make sure to toast the croutons I'll be back' she replied and walked off to the living room.