▪︎ Loki Laufeyson - Ally ▪︎

By the way, yes, you sleep in the castle as well. That's because you're a warrior who fights beside any of the royal family or protects them when needed. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this Imagine. ▪︎

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I lie in my bed, taking in a deep breath and stretching myself out. The people of Asgard are loud down in the dining hall, but I ignore it. I'm not one to party or really spend time with the wealthy folk. I suddenly hear a knock at my bedroom door. I roll my eyes, believing it's just some drunken Asgardian, trying to find the restroom, as it usually is. The knocking grows stronger, and I begin to stumble over to the door.

"(Y/N)!? I know you're in there. I didn't see you in the dining hall. Let me in!" I hear the person outside shout. My eyes widen, quickly realizing it's my closest friend, Loki. I've loved him for as long as I can remember. He was my only friend growing up. I rush over to the door, seeing it's usually only an emergency when Loki comes to my room this late at night. I quickly rush over and open up my door. Loki stands before me, still dressed in his normal green and black attire. Me on the other hand, I'm wearing my white, silk nightgown that goes down to my feet. He stares at me for a moment and then rushes past me.

He sits down on my bed. I slowly shut the door and head over next to him. My nightgown flows as I head over to him. I sit down, his eyes look reddened, as if he's been crying over something. I place my hand on his knee, I can tell he's shaking.

"Are you okay?" I ask, worrying for him. He's not usually like this, he acts stronger, emotionless. "It's unlike you to be here at this hour."

"I found something out." He mutters.

"What is it?" I mumble, matching his tone and level of voice. He sits quietly, trying to think about how to word everything. "You know you can tell me. I would never judge you." He looks up at me and nods, finally feeling completely reassured that he can tell me whatever he needs to.

"I'm a frost giant." He spits out. "Odin, he took me. I-I'm the rightful heir to Jotunheim." My eyes widen. He looks at me, his fear, turning into sadness once more. A tear falls from his face. "It's no wonder Odin has always loved Thor and hated me. It's no wonder I've never been offered the throne. I've never been important here. I've never been anyone's equal. I don't even belong here. I'm the enemy!" I move my hand from Loki's knee to his cheek. His skin is now tinted a light blue.

"You are Loki. An Asgardian prince. You're the God of Mischief. The son of Odin. You're not our enemy, you are our friend, an ally. Yes, you maybe a frost giant, but that does not define you. You are right where you belong." I explain.

"I'm a monster." He spits out, another tear quickly streams down his face.

"Now I know for a fact that that's not true." I smile at him the best I can. "You have always been there for me. You've always helped me, protected me, been a friend to me. Would a monster do that?" I wipe the tears from Loki's cheeks, his skin color begins to slowly change back as he calms himself down again. My hand slowly moves away from his cheek, but Loki grabs my hand before I put it down, and he places it back on his cheek. He keeps his hand on top of mine and stares at me.

"Thank you." He mumbles softly. I nod as he stares deeply into my eyes. "I truly don't know what I'd do without you." His voice is soft and calm once more. He sits awkwardly, thinking. Then, slowly, Loki leans in closer to me. He softly places his lips on mine and kisses me. I sit in shock, but also in awe, seeing as I've always liked Loki. After a few moments, he leans away and stares at me. My eyes stay glued on him. "I love you." He tells me with a soft tone. "I'm happy to know you've got my back." Slowly my eyes also well up with tears.

"Of course. You're my best friend and..." I pause for a moment. "I love you as well." His skin is completely pale once more, as he smiles at me. My heart feels like it's about to pound out of my chest as we continue to stare at one another, locked in each other's gazes. Without warning, he suddenly kisses me again.