Chapter 9

SAVANNAH'S POV        

I gave, Brody some space for the afternoon and finally decided to check on him after a few hour's knocking lightly on our bedroom door, then a little harder when I don't get a reply. I open the door just slightly and peak in. Brody has his back to the door and I can't quite tell if he is sleeping or not.

"Babe, are you awake?".

He doesn't answer right away, but then after a moment he roll's toward's me and for the first time I can see that he's actually been crying. I rush over to the side of the bed and sit next to him as he sit's up.

"Babe, what's going on?". "Why are you so upset?". "Is it something I did?".

His eyes shoot open wide in what I can only explain as shock at the assumption that I've made to him.

"Oh, Sweetheart". "You did nothing wrong, trust me when I say that".

He's quiet again, like he's choosing his word's carefully before he continues speaking.

"Savannah!?". "I almost did something today that I'm not very proud of".

                                     BRODY'S POV

Right away I could see the wheel's turning in her sweet little brain. I know exactly what she is thinking.

"I didn't cheat on you if that's what you are thinking, Sweetheart". "It's something kind of worse than that actually, but I'm afraid to tell you because I don't want to lose you, Baby".... "I need you!!".

"What could you have possibly done wrong that would make you think that you would lose me, Brody?".

It's silent again for way to long and I can see she's getting annoyed as I try to find the most delicate way to tell her.

"SPIT IT OUT, Dammit!!". "How bad could it possibly be?".

I begin to get annoyed with myself for not being able to find the right words, and finally just spit it out as quick as I can in an almost raised yelling voice.

"FINE!!!". "YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE BIG SECRET IS!!". "I JUST ABOUT FUCKING KIDNAPPED A CHILD FROM THE MALL TODAY!!". "Had it not been for, Mike coming to find me I would have succeeded". "I wanted her so bad it didn't matter what I had to do to get her, but he stopped me before it was to late".

She sat there dumbfounded a few minutes processing the information I just told her.

"Baby, say something". "Anything!!"... "Savannah!?".

I reach out for her hand, but she pull's it away slightly.

"Savannah!?".

"I can't, Brody". "Not right now". "I need time to process what you told me".

"Savannah!!, please wait". "Let's talk about this, Baby".

She start's to get up off the bed and I grab for her arm. she whirls around with tears and rage building up in her eye's.

"I HAVE NIECE'S AND NEPHEW'S, BRODY". "HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO TRUST YOU AROUND THEM, AND NOT TO MENTION MY LITTLE SISTER!!!". "This is so fucked up". "I need time to think". "Please just give me some time". "I'm gonna go stay in the spare room for now".

"REALLY, SAVANNAH!?"
"WHEN YOU FIRST MET ME I WAS IN A JAIL CELL FOR THE SAME DAMN THING". "SO DON'T ACT LIKE IT'S NEW INFORMATION, LITTLE GIRL".

We start yelling at eachother and finally I reluctantly let go of her arm and just before she leaves the room I say one final plea.

"Take all the time you need". "I know that I screwed up big time, Savannah but please just don't leave me". "I don't know what would happen if I lost you, Sweetheart".